Kothaligad Trek - Peth Fort Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steep steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialties of the cave.
Kothaligad Trek Event Details
Kothaligad (Peth) Trek difficulty level Medium
Base village for Kothaligad Fort Trek | Peth Fort Trek: Peth village / Ambivali village for car parking
Peth Fort Region: Karjat, Raigad District
Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Fort Trek you will need a maximum of 2.5 hours from Ambivali
Peth Fort Trek Duration One Day.
Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 feet approx.
Who Should Attend Kalsubai Monsoon Trek?
Best suited for groups, solo trekkers, corporates, couples, and families.
Cost for Kothaligad Trek Price
Cost without transport: Rs. 699/- per person
Cost with transport: Rs. 1199/- per person
- Book this exciting trek to the Kothligad fort & enjoy the astounding views from the height of 3,100 ft.
- Embrace the wonderful views of nature filled with small streams of waterfalls below the Fort and reconnect with the nature
- Explore the majestic cave with well-sculpted pillars and the ancient cannon balls scattered around the fort
- Take part in this trek with an experienced and friendly guide that will be assisting you throughout the trek
Peth Fort Trek Kothaligad Itinerary
Day 1 Trek to Kothligad Fort
05:00 AM: Start this experience by getting picked up for the base village from Borivali National Park Bus Pick-Up Point.
Pick up Points:
05:15 - 06:00 AM: Malad, Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra
06:15 AM: Sion circle
06:30 AM: K-star hotel Chembur
06:45 AM: Vashi (under the bridge)
07:00 AM: Nerul LP
07:15 AM: Kalamboli Mc'D
Note: The individuals that have booked the variants without the transfers can will have to reach the base village on their own.
08:30 AM: Reach the base village and have sumptous breakfast to get you energized for the trek.
09:00 AM: Meet with your guide that will be assisting you throughout teh trek and after a short introduction start trekking towards the Kothaligad peak.
11:30 AM: Traverse throght the off beat trails and after a 2 hours trek, reach the pinnacle. Embrace the views & click pictures of the views that peek from the clouds. Witness the ancient remnants of the fort and relax their for a while.
12.30 PM: Start descending to the base village.
02:00 PM: Reach the base village and have a quick lunch (Veg/ Non- veg / Jain) and curb your hunger.
04:00 PM: Start on your return journey to Mumbai.
07.00 pm: Get dropped off at the your respective drop points. | End of the experience.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai.
- Unlimited Breakfast & Lunch. (veg / Non-veg / Jain)
- Kothaligad Forest Entry Charges.
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives.
- First-aid assistance.
- Bhatakna Badges.
- New Friends made, new Bonds attached.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility on the Mountain only Available at the Base Village Bari.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
1. Can we drive till Ambivali for Kothaligad Trekking?
Yes, Kothaligad Trekking location is available on google maps. We will provide the meeting location after booking if you are coming by own transport. Please reach on time as per itinerary trek leader won't be able to wait in case you arrive late. No refund shall be provided if you miss the trek start timing. You have signed up for a group event kindly cooperate.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali? Mumbai to Kothaligad distance?
Kothaligad trek distance from Mumbai is 90 kilometers. It takes two and a half-hour drive from Mumbai. Kothaligad trek height is 945 meters, and trek distance is 6.5 kilometers both ways. Karjat to Kothaligad distance is 30 kilometers will take one hour to cover this distance.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali? Pune to Kothaligad distance?
Kothaligad trek distance from Pune is 135 km and takes three hours to reach. Kothaligad Trek distance is 3.5 kilometers one way. Kothaligad Trek distance is 3.5 kilometers one way. Kothaligad trek height is 945 meters.
4. The number of days required for Kothaligad Trekking?
One Night and One Day are required for Kothaligad Fort Night Trek. One Day for a monsoon Kothaligad trek Karjat. You can read about our trek to Kothaligad fort blog here.
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food available at the base village during the day
6. How much time is required to climb the Kothaligad Trek route?
We will need from 2.5 hours to 3 hours; one way for this Kothaligad Trek location. Kothaligad trek difficulty level is easy to medium depending on hikers stamina, endurance, fitness, and previous experience in the Sahyadri Treks.
7. Where can we park our cars at Karjat Kothaligad Trek?
Peth Kothaligad Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge at Kothaligad Karjat ?
Yes, parking space is available at Peth Kothaligad base village. Locals might ask for parking fees.
9. Is Toilet Available on Kothaligad Fort?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House eastern style commode from where we will begin the trek.
10. Do single traveler’s female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events, Single traveling females join our events. Kids and senior citizens have also successfully completed summit to Kothaligad Fort.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks near Mumbai?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available. Food is simple and nutritious, the taste will be different as it is cooked by locals.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway / Google pay
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity or charging points are available during the trek. Please carry a power bank if required. The cell phone range is limited.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 30 degree - Day 39 degree approx. During monsoon, heavy rains are expected please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets to protect them. During winter and summer please wear full sleeves T-shirt and full track pants to avoid sunburns, prickly thorns, insect bites.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking, smoking hookah, drugs are not allowed on our treks. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis. Participants creating trouble will be asked to leave the event without a refund.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside homestay. Music is not allowed you will miss out on important instruction being passed by trek leader. You can enjoy the sounds of nature in the outdoors while hiking.
21. How do I make payment for Kothaligad Fort Trek?
You can pay online on our website on the book now button. In case your question is not listed above you can email email@example.com. We also have the option to pay using UPI | Google Pay | Paytm | IMPS. You can click on the book now button all options are available to complete your payment.
22. Mumbai to Kothaligad Fort Trek Distance?
Kothligad Fort located 90 km from Mumbai, You can drive till base village we will provide you the google maps. The fort near Karjat is easily reachable by road till base village.
23. Which is the best season to see Kothaligad Fireflies?
Before monsoon starts, you can see fireflies at Kothaligad Fort. Mostly during the months of May and June.
24. Kothaligad Map? Peth fort trek route map?
Kothaligad Trek 2022 | Peth Fort Trek | Trek near Mumbai & Pune
A Monsoon Trek to Kothaligad Fort witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Mumbai & Pune. Kothaligad Fort is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and thrill climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base. Kothaligad Top offers 360-degree views of the Sahyadri ranges. Kothaligad Fort which is located in the vicinity of Mumbai and is a perfect weekend getaway.
How do I get to Kothaligad Trek Karjat? How to reach Kothaligad from Mumbai? How to go to kothaligad trek?
From Mumbai. The best way to reach Kothaligad is to take a suburban train going to Karjat and alight at Neral station. From Neral regularly shared 6-seater Vikram | Tum-tum rickshaw service is available to Kashele. This is charged at Rs 55 per seat. Kothaligad Fort, aka Fort of Peth, is 3100 feet high fort in Karjat, famous for temples & caves. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Maharashtra. Peth, also known as 'Kothaligad', is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21 Km North East of Karjat.
Kothaligad Fort or Kothaligad Peth Fort trek is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area with Witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. During the monsoon beauty of the place on its peak. It is near to Mumbai and Pune. You have to reach Karjat Railway station on the central railway line. Walk this way for a rejuvenating trek in Maharashtra, short and light enough for the whole family as you visit the Kothaligad fort and learn about the Kothaligad history. Kothaligad to Mumbai public transport is difficult to find late in the evening please plan your trek accordingly. Karjat to Kothaligad local sharing rickshaw are available and State transport bus also.
Are you looking for a new adventure, Kothaligad in monsoon?
Kothaligad is the perfect destination for monsoon trekking near Karjat and exploring. It's an untouched paradise with lush green forests, waterfalls, caves and rock-cut steps—the weather in Kothaligad in monsoon beautiful all around, from fog to rain to sunshine to high winds. You can explore it with Bhatakna. So book a trek with us!
We have Kothaligad Trek in monsoon suitable for everyone whether you're an experienced hiker or want to see what the fuss is about! With our expert guides and our affordable rates, we'll make sure you get the best experience possible at Kothaligad. So book your trek with us today! Read Kothaligad trek blog by our trek leader. For Kothaligad images please click on the photogallery on top right corner of the page.
Do you want to explore the beauty of the Kothaligad Peth trek?
Explore the monsoon in the Kothaligad Peth trek. Trek near Karjat Raigad district through lush green forests, hike up waterfalls and take in stunning views. Enjoy a challenging hike near Mumbai or a leisurely walk with your family. You can do it all here!
The best way to experience Kothaligad (Peth) fort by booking a trek today! We have trekking near Karjat, Raigad District, for every level of fitness and interest. So whether you're looking for something challenging or relaxing, the Kothaligad trek route is a perfect fit for you. Kothaligad trek height is 3100 feet above sea level. So book now before time runs out! So please chat with us right now to book your trek today!
Places to visit near Kothaligad Fort trekking in Karjat?
Bhatakna offer trekking tours in India that are designed to be adventurous and exciting. Places to visit near Karjat fort Kothaligad Fort are Solanpada waterfall Neral, Bhimashankar, Garbett Point Trek, Sondai Fort, Peb Fort, Nakhind Ridge, Diksal Waterfall, Bhivpuri Waterfall.
You can choose from many different routes in the Western Ghats. Our expert guides will lead you through some of the most beautiful landscapes near Mumbai. Explore with us! We want to show you what it means to live life adventurously and enjoy every moment of it. Let's go together!