About Gokarna Backpacking Trip & History
Gokarna is known for its beautiful beaches and clear waters, and in Sanskrit, Gokarna means cow’s ear. According to legend, when the demon king of Lanka, Ravana, sought to pull the Atmaling, which had been given to him by Lord Shiva, it burst out of the ground in the shape of a cow’s ear, thus giving the place its name. As it turns out, Gokarna is one of the best places in India to witness the stunning bioluminescent phytoplankton.
Gokarna Trip is a choice among travelers who desire a calm vacation, and it is the better laid-back and slightly commercialized performance of Goa. Besides the famous Om beach, it has Kudle beach and the more secluded Half Moon and Paradise beach. The total trek distance of the beach trek to Gokarna is around 10 KM. The trek will start from Half Moon beach, from where you will be needed to give through a hill to reach Om Beach finally. While there are numerous Gokarna appeals, coasts, tours, temples, and a hammock will be most suitable for your short vacation in Gokarna. It is best to spend three days in Gokarna to make the most of your trip.
Why Gokarna Backpacking Trip?
Nestled in Karnataka, this tabernacle city isn’t only known for its pristine, less crowded strands but is also known for its tranquil terrain. Gokarna has the charm of Goa without the hustle-bustle of it. It’s a perfect place to decompress with your musketeers, the notch on some seafood, and spend some quiet quality time by the sea. However, also this budget diary is for you, If reading this has formerly induced you for the Gokarna Backpacking.
World‛s Tallest Shiva Statue Temple at Murudeshwar Beach. LordMurudeswar, an incarnation of Lord Shiva, is honored in this ancient shrine. It is also known as Dakshin Kashi because it is considered sacred as Varanasi’s Shiva Temple. This site is a magnificent spiritual retreat for all its followers, and it is one of Gokarna’s largest and most well-known tourist attractions. Sri MridesaLinga, commonly known as Murdeshwar, is the major deity. The linga is roughly two feet below ground level and is a portion of the original AtmaLinga. It is mostly attracted by every person who has spiritual trust.
Mumbai>>Gokarna>>Beach Explore>>Yana Caves>>Vibhuti falls>>Honnavar>>Murudeshwar>>Mumbai
Best of Gokarna Backpacking Tour Cost
X-Gokarna:-4,499 per person
X-Mumbai:- 7,999 per person (vai Tempo Traveller)
X-Pune:- 6,999 per person (vai Tempo Traveller)
X-Banglore:- 9,999 per person (Vai Volvo)
MUM & PUNE Non AC Sleeper:- 9,999 per person
MUM & PUNE AC Sleeper:- 12,499 per person
Double Share Room:- 3,000 per person
New Year Christmas Batch:-
X-Gokarna:- 10,000 per person
X-Mumbai:- 12,000 per person
Note: Pay 2000/- to block your seats, the rest of the payment 5 days prior
- You can book your seat at just paying 60% and pay the rest 15 days before the event date.
- The Mumbai/Pune bus ticket fare is dynamic and will be higher if booked last moment, on long weekends, or on festival dates. Please book in advance to avoid paying extra.
- Visit an unusual corner of Karnataka tucked away in greenery
- Explore and capture the unique Yana Caves
- Picturesque Arabian sea at Backdrop of Shiva Statue
- Enjoy laid back and hippie culture in Gokarna OM beach Paradice beach & Kudle Beach
- Group games and fun along the way
- Murudeshwar Temple
Gokarna Backpacking Detailed Itinerary:
- 02:00 PM: Pickup from Dadar TT Circle, Mumbai
- 06:00 PM: Pickup from FC Road, Pune
- 06:45 PM: Pickup from Wakad, Pune
- 10:00 PM: Pickup from Aanand Roa Circle, Bangalore
- All pickup points are mentioned in the pickup point section below.
- Throughout the journey, we laugh with arms wide and make merry in the ride. ‘Cause, that’s what friends do! Sing songs, play cards and read your fav book- as you gear up for what could be the best weekend of the year!
- 08:00 AM: Reach Gokarna and check in at our Hotel, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- 11:00 AM: Visit Mahabaleshwar Temple, If there is a huge queue we might have to visit it from the outside.
- Please remember there is a dress code for Mahabaleshwar Temple, girls have to wear Saree or Kurti Pajami fully covered. And boys have to wear a lungi without a T-shirt.
- 12:00 PM: Have lunch and later proceed to Belekan Beach.
- Start your trek from Belekan Beach to Paradise Beach, it is a 15-minute easy hike through dense forest. Once you reach the cliff you will get an amazing view of Paradise Beach.
- Play Volleyball or go Sea Kayaking, click pictures, or play Kabbadi with the waves ("Love You Zindagi" reference) this is your Alia SRK time.
- Later take a ferry from Paradise Beach to Om Beach, on this ride, you will see Moon Beach and Half Moon Beach. If you are lucky you might even spot some dolphins.
- Upon reaching Om Beach, you can either Trek to Kudle Beach or opt to take an Auto to Kudle Beach if you don't feel like walking.
- Enjoy Watersports like Jet Skii and parasailing at Kudle Beach.
- Watch the sunset with some sea breeze, As the sun starts to set the Kudle Beach lights up for its nightlife.
- It's time to have some fun, hop into a cafe, eat or drink or just chill as there is nothing else left on today's itinerary, expect you to have all the fun *Wink Wink*. (Last order 10 PM)
- Back to the Hotel for a night's stay.
- 07:00 AM: Wake up call, freshen up
- 08:00 AM: We have to leave our hotel at 7 PM to complete all the sightseeing. If it gets delayed we might have to miss Mirjan Fort.
- Breakfast halt on the way to Mirjan Fort.
- 09:30 AM: Reach Mirjan Fort, and live your low-budget "Dil Chahta Hai" moment.
- 11:00 AM: Drive to Yana caves, it is going to be an hour and a half journey and you might lose network here. So finish your important work before we hit the roads.
- Reach Yana parking and start your short hike to Yana Caves. This is a 35-40 mins uphill climb in a dense jungle with a broad walkway.
- 02:00 PM: Later on we explore the Vibhuti waterfall. Take a dip & if you know swimming you can even try cliff jumping.
- Head back to the hotel and enjoy the night by the beach.
- 07:00 – Wake up call, freshen up and be ready to explore Honnavar Backwaters.
- 01:00 PM: Leave from Gokarna to Honnavar. This is going to be another long ride of two hours.
- Reenergize yourself with glucose or coconut water as we still have two more spots to cover today.
- Take a lunch halt at Kumta. This has to be short and quick, just grab something to eat.
- Later proceed to Honnavar for Backwater Boating, Here you will go for an hour-long boat ride through Mangroves.
- Visit Kandla Boardwalk, a paradise for all content creators.
- Later proceed to Murudeshwar. As soon as you reach Murudeshwar waste no time grabbing your lift tickets to the top of Murudeshwar Temple to watch the Sunset.
- Later visit Murudeshwar Temple and 2nd Highest Shiva Statue.
- 05:00 PM: We will start our return journey to Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore.
- Overnight journey by Bus with Dinner halt.
- 07:00 AM: Reach Bangalore
- 08:00 AM: Reach Pune
- 09:00 AM: Reach Mumbai
- Goodbye hugs! Until next time, Bhatakna!!
What is included in the tour
- Transportation: Via Tempo Traveler / Volvo
- Accommodations: Stay in Hotel on a Group/Quad/Triple/Dual sharing basis as per the Itinerary.
- Meal Plans: 3 meals (3 Breakfast)
- Activities: Honnavar Backwater Boating
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- The Trip Captain will be present at all times during the tour.
- Toll taxes and parking charges.
- Driver Allowances.
- All necessary permits.
- First Aid Kits.
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST
- Food during the journey
- Beach watersports Activities like Sea Kayaking, Jet Skii or Parasailing
- Paradise Beach to Om Beach Ferry Ride (Rs 300)
- Any type of Insurance
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, and bad weather.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.