Meghalaya- A Potpourri of Beauty & Culture Confused about choosing your next travel destination? Wondering whether to go trekking in forests, or take a dip in blue lagoons or just relax by the beachside? What if we tell you there exists a magical land very much in India that offers all of these activities and many more without burning a hole in your pocket? Sounds dreamy, right? Well, pinch yourself to reality because Bhatakna is taking you all the way to the abode of clouds with our Meghalaya tour package!
Charming Landscapes If there’s one word for Meghalaya, it is exotic. It is one of the gems of Northeast India. Don’t get us wrong if we say it is one of the most beautiful seven sisters! That is because Meghalaya is a potpourri of vivid landscapes. It is indeed God’s own garden with lush green mountains, mysterious caves, sparkling rivers, and some majestic waterfalls. Being the recipient of maximum rainfall, Meghalaya has every hue of green in its forests. It surely is a photographer’s paradise.
Richness of Culture Home to the Khasi and Garo culture, Meghalaya boasts of its unique cuisines, vibrant clothing, and melodious folk music. Though it has a moderate climate round the year, the best time to visit Meghalaya is during autumn. It is then that the famous Wangala drum festival showcases the best of its culture. Its capital Shillong, popularly known as ‘The Rock Capital of India’, has a peppy evening vibe. With scrumptious food and jamming sessions, the cafes at Shillong are so charming they would surely leave you wanting for more. Apart from cafes, there are a lot of places to visit in Shillong. The Umiam Lake, Elephant Falls, and evergreen forests are a few major attractions. There is no doubt as to why the British named Shillong as the Scotland of East.
Most Scenic Villages of Asia Speaking of other places, the true essence of Meghalaya tourism lies in its villages. Here cleanliness is a culture that is practiced so dedicatedly, that the Village Mawlynnong is titled as the cleanest village of Asia! The Living Roots bridges at Nongriat Village are so mystical they seem to be straight out of some Peter Pan movie! Also, if you have seen those pictures of a slender boat over crystal clear waters then you already know what boating in Umngot River at Dawki Village looks like. But hey, only if looking at a picture was enough, we all would have traveled the world, right? Since that is far from being possible, you need to pack your bags and get ready to unravel the hidden beauty of NorthEast India with Bhatakna Meghalaya tour package.
Explore With Bhatakna Whether you are a bunch of friends or you move solo, Bhatakna always takes care of your needs while designing the itinerary and Meghalaya Chapter is no different. We’ve curated the best Meghalaya tour itinerary so that you can enjoy every aspect of this beautiful place. All this and more at super affordable prices! So don’t just sit there thinking because we can already hear the abode of clouds calling! Join Bhatakna next Meghalaya batch and become a part of India’s coolest travel community!
- Arrive at Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport by morning. Arrive till 11:00 AM Post breakfast, depart for Shillong.
- Post lunch visits Umiam Lake & then head to Shillong market for some shopping.
- Check in to the hotel & freshen up.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
- Wake up and enjoy your breakfast with a view.
- Check out and depart for Laitlum Grand Canyon.
- Spend your time awestruck by the amazing beauty.
- Post lunch depart for Cherrapunjee.
- Reach Cherrapunjee and Visit the beautiful Wei Sawdong waterfall
- Check in to the resort and Relax in the evening.
- Dinner & sleep overnight.
- Post breakfast, depart for Tyrna Village.
- Reach Tyrna & first start your trek to the Single Root Bridge.
- Later Visit the astonishing Double Decker Bridge. Trek back to Tyrna Village & start your journey to Cherrapunjee. ( This trek consists of 3300 steps one side, a total of 6600 steps in the entire trek )
- Reach Cherrapunjee.
- Overnight stay at Cherrapunjee.
- Post breakfast, Visit Mawsmai Caves and Nohkalikai Falls
- Transfer to Mawlynnong Village.
- Later transfer to Shnongpdeng Village.
- Arrive at Shnongpdeng & check in to the camps. Camping by the crystal clear Umngot river which is also known as Dawki river
- Overnight stay at Shnongpdeng.
- Enjoy your breakfast with a sight of crystal clear water of the river.
- Enjoy various water sports activities.
- Have your lunch and transfer to Shillong.
- On the way visit Krang Suri Waterfall.
- Reach Shillong & explore the local market.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast.
- Depart for Guwahati Airport.
- Reach your home with a suitcase full of memories. Book your flight post 5 PM.
What is included in the tour
✔ Entire travel as per the itinerary by tempo traveler.
✔ 5 nights accommodation – 2 Nights in Hotel at Cherrapunjee, 1 Night in Camps at Shnongpdeng & 2 Nights in Hotel at Shillong on double/triple sharing basis
✔ 6 meals – Breakfast on Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5 & Day 6 + Dinner on Day 4
✔ Entry fees to the sightseeing places mentioned in the itinerary.
✔ Guided trek to various points.
✔ Team Captain throughout the trip
✔ Medical Kit to handle emergency conditions
✔ Driver night charges, toll & parking charges
✔ All inner line permits
✔ Boating in Shnongpdeng
✔ Bonfire ( If Weather permits )
What is NOT included in the tour
✘ Any other food or beverage charges that are not included in the package.
✘ Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity, forced circumstances, which are out of our control.
✘Cost incurred due to the ill health of the traveler.
✘ Any other expense not mentioned in the inclusion column.
Things To Carry
- A rucksack bag and a day pack
- 3-litre water bladder or water bottle
- One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
- 1 pair of gloves
- At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favourable)
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 2 pair of socks
- A small towel
- A rain jacket or a poncho
- Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
- Flip flops/sandals
- Glucose powder
- Medicines for headaches, diarrhoea, motion sickness
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
- Paper soap, or sanitizer
- Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
- Body spray
- LED torch light
NOTE: Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. May cause itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general wellbeing.
NOTE: The age limit of our group departures is 16 to 42 years due to the power packed itineraries that we provide to our travellers. We can customise trips for travellers beyond the mentioned age bracket.
NOTE: As per the current situation in Cherrapunjee, there has been a village dispute near Wei Sawdong because of which the government has prohibited waterfalls for tourist visits. So instead of Wei Sawdong waterfalls we are going to visit Lyngkshiar Waterfalls. We are in constant touch with our ground team, as soon as Wei Sawdong gets open, we will start visiting that.
- Authentic Government ID Card
- Comfortable warm clothing
- Sunscreen & lip balm
- Personal Medicines (if any)
- No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However,
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.