Go where you feel most alive.
It’s time to upgrade the level of your adventure and feel the real thrill..!
Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.
Trekking to the most beautiful peak & Say hello to Kalsubai, which is the highest peak in Maharashtra
Kalsubai with the height of 1646 meters 5400 Feet is famous as one of the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai lies in the Sahyadri mountain range. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb.
Kalsubai Monsoon Trek Total time required for climbing Kalsubai peak: 3.5 - 4 hours one way
Why Kalsubai should be your next trekking destination?
Surrounded by lush green forests and fields, the trekking route towards Maharashtra’s Highest Peak is a surreal experience for all the nature lovers and trek enthusiasts. Challenging yet fun-filled, trek towards the highest summit will test your patience and offer an amazing panoramic view of several more mountain ranges like Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar & Harishchandragad. Also, attempting to climb the most wish-listed mountain in the Sahyadri offers a great sense of achievement for most of the trekking enthusiasts
Kalsubai Monsoon Trek Event Details
- Kalsubai Trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Kalsubai peak: Bari
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai peak: 3.5 - 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 night and 1 day
- Kalsubai peak height: 5400 feet approx.
Who Should Attend Kalsubai Monsoon Trek?
Best suited for groups, solo trekkers, corporates, couples, and families.
Cost for Kalsubai Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 699/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1200/- per person
- Climbing highest peak of Maharashtra - Kalsubai.
- Sunrise From the Top of Maharashtra.
- Unveil secret stories behind Kalsubai.
- Mesmerizing Top view - Most of the prominent mountain ranges.
- Breathtaking Surreal greenery and blissful environment while Kalsubai trek
- Bhandardara backwaters.
- Kalsubai Temple.
- Local food.
People Those Who Book Own Transportation Tickets We will share Live Location after the booking
Kalsubai Night Trek Detailed Itinerary Vai Kasara to Kasara
Day 1- Saturday
08:44 pm Catch the Train for Kasara Station from CSMT or Other Stations as per your convenient.
CST – Kasara Fast Local Time Table.
08:44 pm - CSMT
08:51 pm - Byculla
08:58 pm - Dadar
09:07 pm - Kurla
09:11 pm – Ghatkopar
09:26 pm – Thane
09:42 pm – Dombivali
09:52 pm – Kalyan
11:04 pm - Kasara
Day 2 - Sunday
12:20 am Reach Kasara and leave for Bari Gaon via local transport
02:00 am: Reach Base Village & Get Refresh Yourself
02:30 am: Gear up, & pack your bags and get out! For adventure Trek It’s gonna be a long climb to the top. We will make a few halts on the way where you can grab your snack or a drink.
05:30 am: We reach the Kalsubai temple in time for the sunrise. You get a beautiful view of Bhandardara’s Arthur lake from the summit.
06:45 am: We start our descent. Finally, you get a view of the surroundings you climbed through in the night.
07:00 am: grab a quick breakfast with hot cup of tea on the mountain and start the descent.
12:30 pm: We reach back down at the base village.
01.30 pm: freshen up & grab a quick Lunch
03:00 pm: Time to head back to & say goodbey to everest of maharashtra.
05:00 pm: Adios! Back to the mundane city life. Until next time, Bhatakna
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara to kasara.
- Unlimited Breakfast & Lunch.
- Washroom & Changing Facilities at down
- Entrance Fees
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives
- First-aid assistance.
- New Friends made, new Bonds attached
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as mineral water, soft drinks etc
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility on the Mountain only Available at the Base Village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Use repellents to keep bugs away Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Kalsubai Trek Highest Peak of Maharashtra
Kalsubai is a mountain in the Western Ghats, located in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Its summit situated at an elevation of 1646 meters is the highest point in Maharashtra The mountain range lies within the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. Kalsubai at 5400 feet is the highest peak of Maharashtra and this is the main reason for its popularity and difficulty.
How do I get from Kasara to Kalsubai?
If you are in Mumbai, you can take a local Train up to Kasara or long distance Train up to Igatpuri. Buses from both Kasara and Igatpuri are available for Baari Village. All Buses plying to Pune, Bhandardhara, Akole, etc. go via Baari. Its 45 minutes Bus journey from Igatpuri and an hour plus from Kasara.
How do I get to Kalsubai?
How to reach Kalsubai Peak
- Reach Kasara Railway Station.
- Take local Taxi till base village Bari.
- By Road Mumbai - Kasara - Igatpuri - Ghoti - Bari Village.
- Kalsubai Trek from Pune By Road Pune - Sangamner - Rajur - Bhandardara - Bari.
- Kalsubai Trek route is well marked.
- Local guides often accompany climbers to the summit.
How long does it take to climb Kalsubai?
Head to Bari Village which is the base of the Kalsubai trek and the next morning, you will start walking for 1 hour and 30 minutes to climb the slopes and reach the topmost part where a red-walled temple is situated.
How do I get to Kalsubai Trek?
To get to Kalsubai, you must first reach Bari village and walk up to the temple, which is the starting point of the trek. The best way to get to Bari from Mumbai is by road, you can either drive down or hire a private taxi.
Kalsubai Peak is the highest summit in Maharashtra. The view of this majestic mountain is a fantastic sight in Bhandardara. Popularly now known as the Everest of Maharashtra.
Kalsubai Altitude - 5,400 feet above sea level, Time took 4 hours to ascend, 3 hours to descend, Water sources none. Carry at least 3 liters of water. Planning to trek to Mount Kalsubai, the Everest of Maharashtra? Learn everything about the trek including trek distance, route map, how to reach, best time, sightseeing and more at Bhatakna.
Kalsubai is the Everest of Maharashtra, One should definitely try during monsoon to see a mesmerizing view from the top. Situated in Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, the peak lures a huge amount of trekkers. Every Monsoon thousands of trekkers visit the peak from first-time trekkers to mountaineers. Monsoon season is the best time for Trekking in the Western Ghats when everything is green, and the entire place comes alive.
Find tours, Outdoor Activities, Adventure Packages, and trips in India. Join our Tribes, learn from Gurus, and find great adventures. During Monsoons, one can experience a hike amidst clouds and high-speed winds at the peak. The Monsoon trek will make you uniquely experience nature.
Are washrooms available during the trek?
No washrooms are only available at the base village.
Can we bring our vehicle till base village and is parking available?
Parking is available near the village, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owner parks at own risk.
Is Jain food available on this trek?
Yes, we can arrange Jain food for the trek.
What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
Please carry 3 liters water, torch, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
Will we reach Mumbai Pune on time mentioned?
The itinerary is approx time during monsoon road condition are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case bus reaches late Bhatakna will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.