Garbett Plateau implies to one of the most beautiful trekking experiences in Matheran. The location consists of a 360 degree breathtaking panoramic view of the entire Matheran range which can hold any traveller spellbound. This point is ideal for attaining leisure and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. On being fortunate enough, you may catch the glimpses of witnessing reverse waterfalls. The location, being windy and breezy, is definitely a perfect destination to explore in this monsoon.
About the Activity:
Experience the fun and thrill as you head out for a night trekking to Matheranrvia Garbett Point and make your night an exciting one. The Night Trek to Matheran lets you enjoy the thrilling adventurous hike to the Garbett point under the barren sky and grasp immense peace on reaching the peak. The trekking experience is assisted by the guidance of experienced professionals who would accompany you throughout your adventurous journey.
The night trekking activity to Matheranrvia Garbett Point provides you with comfortable pick-up and drop off facility that would allow local transport travelling from Dasturi Naka to Neral. Besides convenient transportation, the trekking activity is also accompanied by a complimentary breakfast which is sure to make your experience a more delightful one.
The Garbett Point trekking lets you grab a delicious and wholesome breakfast which you receive as a complimentary meal.
How to Reach
You can reach the pick-up location i.e Bhivpuri Station conveniently through the help of public and private transportation.
Trip Location: Matheran
Duration of the Trek: 3 Hours
- Explore the vast plateau
- Experience the thrill of a night trek
- Enjoy a glorious sunrise amid mountains
- Chance to capture panoramic views from top
23:15 pm Meet the Bhatakna Team at Bhivpuri Station
23:30 pm Start the trek after an introduction round
05:30 am Reach the top to experience beautiful sunrise
07:30 am Head to Dasturi Naka after exploring the plateau
08:30 am Stop for breakfast at Matheran
09:30 am Take a cab till Neral station
10:30 am Reach Neral station and catch a train to Mumbai
Train Time Table CST Karjat Fast Local for Saturday
Please try to board the first compartment from Karjat side. Missing the train means missing the trek, so please be on time.
- 21:26 Mumbai CST
- 21:33 Byculla
- 21:40 Dadar
- 21:47 Kurla
- 21:51 Ghatkopar
- 22:03 Mulund
- 22:07 Thane
- 22:22 Dombivili
- 22:31 Kalyan
- 23:12 Bhivpuri
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Dasturi Naka to Neral
- 1 veg breakfast
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Bhivpuri station and back from Neral
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
1. How to go Garbett night trek from Mumbai?
The meeting point for this trek will be at Bhivpuri Railway Station. We have mentioned the train timing in the itinerary. Kindly boarded the train accordingly. Our trek leader will meet you at Railway Station near the ticket counter. From here we will guide u .
2. What is the Garbett Night Trek batch size regularly?
Usually, each Garbett Night trek group has 05 - 30 people which comprises women, men, children, solo travelers. We send trek leaders as per the batch size to make sure you enjoy your trek and receive proper guidance whenever needed. Bigger the group more the fun, our trek leader engages with trekkers and traveler to keep the group motivated.
3. Do you provide pick up and drop service from Mumbai for Garbett Night Trek?
No. In case you are coming in a car you need to reach on time till Bhivpuri using google maps location provided by us.
4. I am a Female traveler or Solo traveler can i join Garbett Night Trek?
Garbett Trekking route is very safe for female trekkers, locals are very friendly. Our team will take care of your safety
5. Distance from Mumbai to Garbett Trek start point ?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 70 km approx.
6. The number of days required for Garbett trekking?
One day and One Night is required to complete the Garbett Night Trek. During monsoon, the trek is held early morning due to dense fog covering the peak. During winter and summer, it is advised to summit Garbett around dawn to avoid intense heat during the day. Garbett trek pics are available in the photo gallery you can click on the button to see more.
7. Where can we park our cars near the Garbett trek?
Base Village at your own risk. Locals might ask for parking fees. There are no designated parking areas around the village.
8. Are Toilet Available on Garbett Mountain?
Not available During the trek toilets are not available on Garbett Trek. You will need to go in the open. Provision for toilet will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode. There is a scarcity of water so English toilets are not available.
9. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
We also send female trek leaders whenever possible and available to lead.
10. Are Kids allowed on treks?
11. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
12. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must
13. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
14. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
Garbett Peak and trekking route is sacred to all Maharashtrians anyone caught smoking or consuming alcohol will be at the mercy of locals.
15. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside the homestay.
Please enjoy the sound of nature on the trek.
Trek leaders keep giving instructions throughout the trek you will miss important communication if listening to music.
16. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website by clicking on the book now tab.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.