Maharashtra is blessed with beautiful forts and an ample number of trekking opportunities. Today, we have the best thrilling experience for you, the Harihar fort trek!
The Harihar fort, also known as Harshagad, is located in the Nashik district of Maharashtra. It is located 40 km away from Nashik city and around 48 km from Igatpuri. This historic Harihar fort is at an elevation of 3676 ft from sea level.
Let us know something interesting about this place. From the base village, the Harihar fort looks like it is located on a rectangular-shaped hill but actually, it is built on a triangular prism of rock.
The Harihar trek is a 2 hours long trek with a medium-level difficulty. The difficulty increases in the monsoons. We know that you have been on a lot of trips and treks, but this is different. The major attraction of this place is the iconic steps to the fort. Yes, you read it right. The architecture of the steps is so beautiful that this part of the Harihar trek becomes an unforgettable experience. The steps are vertically inclined at an angle of 80 degrees.
Climbing these stairs is the most thrilling part of the Harihar trek. While climbing, you can witness mesmerizing scenic views. The last 200 steps are the most difficult but exciting ones. If you are scared of heights, then you would probably not want to look behind while climbing. But if you do so, you can see the most magnificent beauty.
When you reach the top of Harihar Gad, you will be astonished to see the scenic views surrounding the fort. Witness the 360 degrees panoramic view of the Sahyadri mountains. Best scenic views of different forts and hills like Bhaskargad, Anjaneri fort, and Utwad fort. A beautiful view of lush green landscapes and an aerial view of Igatpuri village. Admire the idols of Lord Hanuman, Shiva, and Nandi at the top of the hill.
The calm weather and lush green surroundings make this place perfect for all nature lovers. If this place is not on your bucket list, then add it now because this experience is something that you can't miss.
- Harihar Trek difficulty level: Medium to Difficult
- Base village for Harihar peak: Nirgud Pada
- Total time required for climbing Harihar peak: 3.5Hrs (One way)
- Duration: 1 night and 1 day
- Harihar Peak Height: 5400 feet approx
- Distance From Mumbai: 190 Km
- Distance From Pune: 247Km
- Explore the iconic structure of the fort
- Visit the Hanuman temple and pond on the top
- Adventurous 80 degree climb on the stair
Day 1- Saturday
09:30 pm Catch the Train for Kasara Station from CSMT or Other Stations as per your convenient
CST – Kasara Slow Local Time Table
09:32 pm - CSMT
09:40 pm - Byculla
09:50 pm - Dadar
10:00 pm - Kurla
10:06 pm – Ghatkopar
10:27 pm – Thane
10:50 pm – Dombivali
11:01 pm – Kalyan
12:11 am - Kasara
Day 2- Sunday,
- 03:30 AM: Reach base village and rest for an hour
- 04:00 AM: Start trek to Harihar Fort
- 06:30 AM: Start trek to the summit via 80-degree steps
- 07:30 AM: Reach the top and Relax, Explore
- 08:30 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 11:30 PM: Reach Base Village and Have Breakfast
- 12:00 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 01:00 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- 03:00 PM: Reach back mumbai city.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kasara to Kasara By Zeep
- Breakfast & Tea
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% Gst
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required