Maharashtra is a state in the western peninsular region of India. Places near Mumbai and Pune have some of the marvellous spots with green hills, lush forests, flowing springs and glinting waterfalls making for the best experience of trekking in Maharashtra.
Harischandragad, situated in the Maslej region of the Western Ghats is one of the most famous hill forts in the region. Located in Ahmednagar, the fort is decorated with lush greenery a sheet of clouds.
Camping in Harishchandragad package starts from a Kasara railway station, where you will be meet the guide. The initial trek will give you beautiful views of the lush green valleys covered with a thick grey sheet of clouds. You will come across Saptatirtha Pushkarni Temple and the Kedareshwar Cave where resides a big Shiva Linga, which is completely surrounded by water.
Your base camp will be in Konkankada where you will spend a night under the stars. You will also witness the Temple of Harishchandreshwar which provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. Taramati peak is the topmost point on the fort which offers great views of the surroundings. Your night stay will be in tents on a sharing basis depending upon your size. You can treat your hunger with scrumptious meals included in the package as well.
Harishchandragad Camping Package Offers:
Transportation: Pickup and drop from Kasara Railway Station.
Stay: In tents on double sharing occupancy with matt, pillows and blankets
.Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Activities: Camping, bonfire, trekking and photography.
Difficulty level: Medium
Child Policy: Children below 5 years are not suitable for this trek. Those above 6 can join at the same cost.
Suitable for: Family, Friends and Corporate.
How to reach Harishchandragad Camping SIte:
The starting point is Kasara Railway Station which is 106 Km away from Mumbai and 179 Km from Pune. Traveller can board on any train departing from their respective city toward Kasara as per the pickup timings.
- Scenic View of Sunset-Sunrise from Kokankada & Taramati is absolute divine
- Well built lake ‘Saptatirtha’ and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends!
- Whole plethora of Peaks :Taramati,Ajoba Fort, Kulang and many more..
- Night camping and bonfire
- Take 09:37 AM Kasara Fast Local
- 09:37 AM: CSMT
- 09:51 AM: Dadar
- 10:02 AM: Ghatkopar
- 10:20 AM: Thane
- 10:43 AM: Kalyan
- 11:54 AM: Kasara
- 12:00 PM: Report at Kasara ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 12:15 PM: We board privately booked vehicles and head Dhaba for Lunch Break after Quick we move to Pachnai, where we will be commencing our trek. It’ll take approximately 3 hours to reach the village.
- 04:00 PM: We reach Base Village, from where you can get a glimpse of Harishchandrgad Kokankada rest for a while & Get Evening refreshments and get ready to start the trek.
- 04:30 PM: Gear up, pack your bags and get your Shoes lace-up! It’s gonna be a long and dark climb to the top. We will make a few halts on the way where you can grab your snack or a drink.
- 07:30 PM: Reach Campsite on the top of Kokankada & get Refresh.
- 09:00 PM: Prepare for a night under the sky have Delicious Local cuisine for Dinner, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends & enjoy the Bonfire Nights.
- 11:30 PM: Off to the tents for sound sleep( for those who are very sleepy)
- 05:00 AM: Wake up and fresh up
- 05:15 AM: Start our trek to Taramati Shikar
- 06:30 AM: Reach Taramati and watch the sunrise
- 08:00 AM: Reach Kokankada and have breakfast
- 08:00 AM - 09:30 AM: Relax and explore the fort Kokankada and Harishchandragad
- 10:30 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 01:00 PM: Reach base village and have lunch
- 02:00 PM: Depart for Kasara Station
- 06:00 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- 06:18 PM: Take CSMT Fast Local
What is included in the tour
- 1 Veg Evening Snacks (Day 01)
- 1 Veg-Nonveg Dinner (Day 01)
- 1 Veg Breakfast (Day 02).
- Travelling from Kasara to Kasara by zeep (only if you book with Transportation ticket).
- Safety & first aid.
- Tent Stay on Sharing Basis
- Washroom & Changing Facilities at down
- Bhatakna expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Extra meals cold drinks.
- Water bottles
- Anything not mentioned above inclusions.