Harischandragad, situated in the Malshej region of the Western Ghats is one of the most famous hill forts in the region. It is located at an altitude of 1,426 meters above sea level and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Embark on a fun-filled trek to Harishchandragad fort and come across Saptatirtha Pushkarni Temple and the Kedareshwar Cave where resides a big Shiva Linga, which is surrounded by water. Book your tickets to the Harishchandragad Trek and visit the Temple of Harishchandreshwar and Konkan Kada which provides a scenic view of the surrounding region.
Konkan Kada overlooks the Konkan region hence the name. Kada means cliff in Marathi.
It is a standing tall natural wall that has a concave structure. Because of this structure, you can experience many natural phenomena such as vertical cloud bursts, circular rainbows also called a Brocken spectre.
The clouds nearing the cliff get sucked into the pitfall area below and thrown vertically into the sky. This creates the impression of the vertical cloud burst.
When there is a bit of mist in the valley and the sun is exactly behind the person facing the valley, a circular rainbow can be seen.
Activity Duration: 1 Day & 1 Night
Harishchandragad Trek Height: 4,650 ft.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate
Trek Distance: 3 KM
Trek duration: 2 hours
Cost For Harishchandragad Trek Clouds and Fireflies 2023
Per Adult Own Transportation ₹.699
(Adult have to come by own vehicle)
Per Adult With Transportation ₹.1399
(Adult will get Kasara to kasara Travel)
Hike through one of the most popular treks of the Western Ghats in Maharashtra - The Harishchandragad Trek
Visit the Kedareshwar Cave and explore its naturally formed structure featuring several smaller shrines, carvings & sculptures
Take part in this trek with an experienced & friendly guide who will be helping you throughout the trek
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape from the top of the Harishchandragad fort
MUMBAI Via Kasara:
08:44 pm Catch the Train for Kasara Station from CSMT or Other Stations as per your convenient
CST – Kasara Fast Local Time Table
- 08:44 pm - CSMT
- 08:51 pm - Byculla
- 08:58 pm - Dadar
- 09:07 pm - Kurla
- 09:11 pm – Ghatkopar
- 09:26 pm – Thane
- 09:42 pm – Dombivali
- 09:52 pm – Kalyan
- 11:04 pm - Kasara
- 11:20 PM: Report to the Trekleaders at Kasara Station Ticket Counter( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 11:30 PM: Start journey towards base village (Paachnai) post briefing by Trek Leaders
- 04:30 AM: Reach base village, Get freshen up and have breakfast
- 05:00 AM: Get Assemble, Instructions, and briefing session by Trek Leaders
- 05:10 AM: Start trek to Harishchandragad
- 07:30 AM: Reach the Kokankada and Relax.
- 08:00 AM: Enjoy the view, do photography, and Have breakfast
- 09:30 AM: Start hike to Harihareshwar Temple, explore temple, caves, pushkarini etc.
- 10:30 AM: Start descending to the base village.
- 01:30 PM: Reach Base Village and Have Lunch
- 02:30 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 06:00 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- (Take the next available local train to Mumbai)
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from (Kasara to Kasara)
- Unlimited Breakfast & Lunch.
- Washroom & Changing Facilities at down
- Entrance Fees
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives
- First-aid assistance.
- New Friends made, new Bonds attached
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till pickup points
- 5% Gst on booking tickets
- Any kind of personal expense like Mineral water/lime water/ Soft Drinks/ Extra snacks or meals that are not included in the inclusions, purchased for personal consumption
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned and included in the inclusion of this package.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of Insurance
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Bhatakna won’t be responsible for any losses for the same
- Please take ticket till Kasara
- Board the second last compartment from CST side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Bhatakna
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
1) What is the distance of Harishchandragad from Mumbai?
Harishchandragad is around 218 km from Mumbai.
2) What is the distance of Harishchandragad from Pune?
Harishchandragad is around 166 km from Pune.
3) Where is Harishchandragad located?
Harishchandragad is located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
4) What is the Harishchandragad trek difficulty level?
It is an easy to moderate level of trek.
5) What is the height of Harishchandragad trek?
The height is around 1424 metres.
6) What is the best time to Visit Harishchandragad trek?
The best time to visit is from October to February.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.