About Kedarkantha Trek
Covered with a pristine white blanket of snow in winter and flanked by verdant forests of deodar, chir and oak, the Kedarkantha peak is among the most sought-after snow trekking of India.
The white cover on the pathways of the trekking route enhances the beauty of the trek, which becomes the centre of attraction for the trekkers undertaking the ascent. They feel themselves in the lap of Mother Nature, which leaves them spellbound.
The powerful Himalaya presents a spectacular view of its snow-capped ranges. The Kedarkantha peak stands tall at an altitude of 12,500 ft. it offers mesmerizing and awe-inspiring visuals of Black Peak, Bandarpunch, Swargarohini, Devkyara, Vijay Top, Rupin Pass and Chainsheel Valley.The peak offers panoramic view of the region.If you wish to feel like an eagle with a bird’s eye view, this trek is for you. So don’t miss out on views of Purola, Mussoorie and Dhungiri.
The ascent to the peak is marked by following a trail, which keeps the group intact without the fear of being lost in the wilderness.
This is an ideal trek and covers a consolidated distance of 18 km. The trekking trail facilitates the first-time trekkers to be cast into trekking while they enjoy the breathtaking views en route. Apart from the view of the sublime peak, the trek has multiple things to offer - which include rich and diverse flora and fauna, the frozen lakes, the burbling streams, the replenished water sources, the chilling breeze, the roaring cataracts and the vibrant culture and tradition of the quaint region - to the trekker who takes back not merely memories but many such moments to cherish.
The stunningly incredible views and the moments of adventure are the main attraction on the trek trail. This is an ideal destination for a nature lover who enjoys every moment far from the madding crowd.
Kedarkantha peak is situated in Uttarakashi district of Uttarakhand in the West Himalayan region and houses Govind Wildlife Sanctuary too. This is an easy trek and can be undertaken by those who have little experience of trekking as well. Physical fitness is of utmost importance. You must ensure that you cover at least 4 km in 30 minutes before enrolling for the trek as the Himalaya is a reservoir that tests your endurance as well. This is required to maintain the stamina required to successfully complete the trek.
History Of Kedarkantha
Legends have it that the Kedarkantha had been selected as a place by Shiva for his abode. But a cow from a village called Sirga (which is at the same altitude as Kedarkantha) mooed and disturbed the lord during his penance. So as destiny had it, he decided to move to the place where currently Kedarnath stands. Had it not been so, Kedarkantha would have been one of the Chaar Dhaams.
- Will transport all your belongings for you so that you only have to carry your day pack with camera. water bottle and jacket.
- We serve three meals a day including snacks and drinks.
- We provide a variety of tasty healthy food including Indian, Chinese and Western meals Wlth lots of vegeta bles and fruit.
- Kedarkantha is a trek blushing with beauty, giving photographers a perfect opportunity to capture the snow falling from the pine trees that looks like magic dust
- The ‘I rule the world’ pose at the top of Kedarkantha Summit will make a wonderful profile pic and with stunning views in the backdrop, it will make your friends jealous too!
- Experience the lovely campsites, where every site is unique in its own way and does not match the beauty with any other campsites in the journey
- Get a chance to camp around frozen Juda ka Talab where was once a place for meditation of Lord Shiva
- Experience walking in the middle of the night in, the head torches lighting the way and watching the sunrise from the top of a mountain before you reach Summit
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 06:00 AM.
- We'll drive towards Sankri village which is the base camp for the Kedarkantha Trek.
- Upon reaching Sankri, we'll check in to our designated homestay. The rest of the day is at leisure and travelers are advised to rest.
- In the evening, Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Sankri Village.
Note: The pickup point will be Dehradun Railway Station. (tentative)
- After early morning breakfast, a small briefing session would be conducted by the trek leader where all the necessary details about the rest of the day will be shared.
- We will start our trekking journey. En route to our campsite, we'd be traversing through lush green forests consisting of pine trees with the Swargrohini Massif in the backdrop beckoning you closer.
- We will reach Juda Ka Taal after five hours of trekking. Upon reaching our campsite, we will have lunch.
- The rest of the day is at leisure. Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay at Juda Ka Taal Campsite.
- The day will start with morning tea followed by breakfast.
- The Trek Leader will give you a briefing about the day before we proceed.
- Afterward, we'll start the trek towards the Kedarkantha Base Camp, which takes about 3-4 hours.
- Upon reaching and checking into the campsite, we'll have a warm lunch.
- The rest of the day is at leisure and we'll relax by indulging in activities like snowball fights and other fun games.
- Lastly, we'll have dinner at the campsite followed by an overnight stay at Kedarkantha Base Camp.
- We will finally begin our trek towards Kedarkantha Peak.
- We'll get up at 02:00 AM as we'll be needing an early start.
- Afterwards, the group will trek up to the Kedarkantha Summit.
- After reaching the summit, we'll enjoy the view from the top and witness the beautiful sunrise from the summit.
- Shortly afterward, we'll head back to the Kedarkantha Base Camp once again.
- Upon reaching, Lunch will be served at the campsite.
- It's the last night at the campsite so we will have a farewell bash.
- Overnight stay at Juda ka Taal campsite.
*Additionally, you get a 360-degree view of the whole Himalayan Region from the Kedarkantha Top. Some of the peaks are Gangotri, Swargarohini, Banderpooch, Kinner Kailash, etc.
- After early morning breakfast, we'll head down towards the Sankri Village from Juda ka Taal.
- Upon reaching Sankri, we'll stop and freshen up at our designated hotel, and lunch will be provided.
- Shortly afterward, we'll proceed towards Dehradun. (Reach Dehradun by late evening.)
- The group will disassemble here and be on their separate ways with a heart full of contentment and a mind full of memories.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
- Welcome refreshment
- Three times meals (Veg+egg): Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- All necessary permits and entry fees
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional guide and Support staff.
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and Retun (According to itinerary)
- Porter or mule charges for carrying camping equipment and rations
- Morning Tea
- Evening Tea with snacks
- Guide Charges
- Hot drinking water
- approved trek completion certificate
- Dry fruits, chocolates, biscuits, toffees provided during the trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Porter/mule for personal bags
- Any meals or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras or still cameras
- Charges for soft drinks or any other beverage
- Personal expenses such as tips, laundry or telephone calls
- Any costs arising from unforeseen circumstances like landslides, bad weather or road blocks, etc
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.