Kerala, God’s own country, is one of the most unique states in India! Blessed by a rich & diverse culture, there’s something magical in the air that makes us want to explore Kerala all the time. To start on this exploration trip across God’s own country, we’ve chosen our favorite gems of all that we’d like to show you all!
Our journey starts in Munnar, a hill station located in the western ghats. Here we visit the famous Cheeyapara & Vallarta waterfalls, truly nature’s gems! The best thing about Munnar? It is an amazing location for self-exploration as well. Following that, we hike to the Lakshmi hills; amidst nature with spectacular views. However, a trip to Munnar isn’t complete until we go for tea tasting! All the chai lovers in the house, this is a must. And before heading leaving Munnar, we visit the Eravikulam national park to experience nature at its best! Kerala is also famous for its spices and so we head out on a guided tour of the spice plantation at Thekkady; spend the evening boating at Periyar Lake and enjoying the Kadhakali Kalari show! A trip to Kerala also calls for a houseboat cruise in Kumarakom to slow down and enjoy the beauty around. We also explore the village along with a local guide to get a better insight into a whole new lifestyle of people! And then we head to Varkala, Kerala’s most popular destination! However we go offbeat with a boat ride to Munroe Island and a trip to Jatayu Earth center! The evening, before the end of the journey, can be spent relaxing or adventuring on the waves while surfing! You go home with new friends, new memories, and stories!
Places Covered: Munnar 2N – Kolukkumalai – Thekkady 2 N – Alleppey 1N
Departure from Mumbai: 06th Nov – 13th Nov | 04th Dec to 11th Dec | 08th Jan to 15th Jan
Departure from Kochi: 07th Nov – 12th Nov | 05th Dec to 10th Dec | 09th Jan to 14th Jan
Cost For Kerala Backpacking
Join from Mumbai (AC train Tickets): INR 20,900 per person
Join from Kochi : INR 16,900 per person
- Curvy roads of Cochin to Munnar
- Matupetty dam in Munnar
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Thekkady
- Houseboat stays in Alleppey
● We will board the train from Lokmanya tilak terminus (LTT).
● Please book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train reservations.
● If you are planning to book a flight from any city of India you have to arrive before 12.00 am
at Kochi airport.
● Night train Journey to Kochi
● Reach kochi around 02.00 pm and start our journey to Munnar.
● On the way to Munnar you will be welcomed by tea gardens, waterfalls and foggy evenings.
● Will try our luck if we are able to catch a sunset from a viewpoint on the way.
● Night stay in Munnar
● Today we will visit to Top station, Mattupetty dam, and some beautiful tea estate rason why munnar is famous
● carmelagiri national park for elephant safari
● At evening we will go to local restaurant of munnar to east some munnar style food mostly it
is Non veg
● Night stay in Munnar. Did we tell you we are staying in valley view property here you will
Meal: Breakfast & Dinner
● Wakeup early at 03.00 am check out from munnar stay and It’s a one hours of drive to sunrise point of munnar
● This location is not accessible by Normal vehicle for this we need to hire private jeep which take you on this adventure off-roading trip to Kolukkumalai
● The best part of this plan is we are visiting here on weekdays so it won’t be crowded
● Drive back to Munnar and after breakfast start our journey to Thekkady
● We will reach thekkady in the evening around 04.00 pm. We can go to watch Kalaripayattu
show famous is thekkady
● Night stay in Thekkady
Meal: Breakfast & Dinner
● When in Thekkady we will go for a boat ride in Periyar national park.
● This boat ride is for 2 hours if we are lucky we can see elephants gazing near river
● The day is free to explore the market, shop for some spice from here.
● Night stay in Thekkady
● Meal: Breakfast & Dinner
● After breakfast we will drive to alleppey 5 hrs journey
● If we got spare time will make quick visit to alleppey
● Today in Alleppey we are staying in Houseboat. Cursing thru the Vembanad lake of alleppey
● The Alleppey houseboat ride is going to be your lifetime experience you will surely share this
story with your friends and family
● Watch sunset in evening and then night stay in Houseboat
Meal: Breakfast & Lunch
● We will return to Alleppey around 09.00 am post breakfast
● Say goodbye to your houseboat and start a further journey to Mumbai by train.
● Reach Mumbai at LTT terminus.
● Say goodbye to fellow travelers and see you soon on another destination
What is included in the tour
1. Non AC train Travel from Mumbai to Ernakulam and return (Optional)
2. Transport from Kochi to Munnar to Thekkady to Alleppey in 15 seater Minibus
3. Breakfast & Dinner (10 meals) as per the day wise mentioned below
4. Stay in Hotel & Homestay on triple sharing basis
5. Offroad jeep safari to Kolukkumalai sunrise point
6. All Vehicle Tax, Parking Entry
7. Experienced trip lead from Backpacker Tours
8. 2 Nights stay in Munnar, 2 Nights stay in Thekkady, 1 Nights stay in Houseboat alleppey
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Any meals not mentioned in Inclusions
2. Any Entry fees tickets to waterfall, Monuments, tea garden, Boat ride in Thekkady
3. Any cold drinks, juice, soft drink or Mineral water
4. Any visit to places not mentioned in Itinerary