One of the lesser discovered treasures is the Prabalmachi trek, a summit that is situated 2,300 feet above in the Western Ghats. This mighty fort is a wonderful place for all the adventure freaks to visit as it is a lovely treasure sitting relaxed amidst the mountains communicating many stories. The trekking trail is something that every nature lover will enjoy as it is laden with thick and lush greens. What better way to get out of the mundane city life than to embark on an adventurous and enthralling activity.
So, what are you waiting for? Just put on your trekking shoes, take your camera, and begin the journey with Bhatakna.
About the Activity:
- Hop on this fun-filled trekking expedition that is driven every Saturday afternoon from Panvel.
- There are two packages of camping and trekking available one with transportation and another without transportation.
- If you opt for the transportation option, you will be picked up from the Panvel Station and taken to the base village in private transfers.
- If you wish to opt for the without transportation package, you will have to reach directly to the base village, i.e., the Thakurwadi village.
- The trek takes you to Prabalgad Fort and Kalavantin Durg (optional).
- Your stay for the night is on the top at Prabalmachi where the accommodation is provided in hilltop tents which are available on a double sharing basis.
- Enjoy a warm bonfire at night and play various interactive games at the campsite with other trek buddies.
- One breakfast and dinner is included in the package with a choice of Jain, vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- You will be assisted by a professional trek leader throughout the activity for a hassle-free trekking & camping experience.
How to Reach?
- People who opt for with transportation package, you can catch the train to Panvel and meet the team at the Panvel station ticket counter, from there you will be taken to the base village in shared transfers.
- Those who wish to book without a transportation package are requested to meet the team at the starting point of the trek i.e., Thakurwadi Base village.
- The best and cheapest way to reach Thakurwadi village (base village of Kalavantin Durg Trek) is via railways. The nearest railway station to Thakurwadi village is Panvel railway station which is well connected to other parts of the country via railways. From Panvel, regular buses operate for Thakurwadi Village (15 km – 25-30 minutes – INR 30). Also, one can opt for Tum-Tum (shared autos) to reach the base village.
- Unleash your inner explorer and set out on a thrilling trek to the Prabalmachi top, which sits at an elevation of 2300 feet
- Witness the eagle-eye views of the Matheran range of the western ghats from the top and admire the gorgeous view
- Relax around a warm bonfire at base camp while stargazing and surrounded by twinkling fireflies, which will be a visual pleasure
- From the Kalavantin Durg, you may see the famed Irshalgad, Chanderi, and Karnala Forts and learn about their history
DAY 1 - Saturday
06:00 pm Meet at Panvel Station
06:15 pm Move towards Thakurwadi (Base Village) in our transfer vehicle
07:15 pm Start trek towards Prabalmachi after a brief session
08:45 pm Reach campsite at Prabalmachi and get Refresh
09:30 pm Prepare for a night under the sky, have delicious local cuisine for dinner, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends and enjoy the campfire.
11:30 pm Off to the tents for a sound sleep (For those who are very sleepy.Day Ends
DAY 2 - Sunday
07:00 am Wake up call, get refreshed by a hot cup of tea and breakfast
08:00 am Move towards Kalavantin Durg, for those who would like to trek. Others can enjoy their morning at Prabalmachi
09:30 am Reach the pinnacle, bask in the majestic view from the top, take selfies with an amazing background
10:00 am Start the descend towards Prabalmachi
11:00 am Reach Prabalmachi, Campsite
11:30 hrs Start to descend towards Thakurwadi (After a mandatory group pic!!!)
12:30 hrs Reach Thakurwadi, say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Panvel in our transfer vehicle. This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by private vehicle.
- 1 Breakfast- Sunday
- 1 Dinner - Buffet (Veg/Non-Veg and Jain) (Saturday)
- Tent 2 People Sharing Basis. (Blanket, Mattress)
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives
- All guide and local expertise charges.
- First-aid assistance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything other than mentioned above.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Identity proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (At least 2 Litters) Must
- Camera (on your own risk)
- Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Raincoat, rain poncho, or windcheater
- Extra Pair of dry clothes
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which you require usually.
- A good a trekking shoe, and extra pair of floaters and socks
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands-free while trekking.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there can be chances of raining.
- The food provided would be a simple village food
- This is a budget nature trip. The facilities available at the campsite are minimal.
- The tents are simple but cozy, non-luxury tents. The food will be simple but tasty authentic village food.
- Since the campsite is at an eco-sensitive zone, permanent toilets are not available at the campsite but can be accessed at a walking distance.
- In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which camping may not be feasible, the operator will try their best to make alternate stay arrangements in the nearby homestay OR village (subject to availability).
- In case it rains, a campfire will not be possible.
- The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day. Please make post-trip plans after adding a buffer accordingly
- Basic Washroom facility (Indian Toilets) available at the Fort, its Trekking, not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly.
- Please go through the complete itinerary, we won’t entertain any request of leaving early from the event. It’s a group event, not a customized one, so please adhere to the schedule and take back lovely memories.
- 100% amount to be paid in advance to book the trip.
- No show = No refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Camp get cancelled, we will refund “Camp Amount” only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply