Rajmachi Fireflies Trek 2023
Rajmachi fort is already very well known for its majestic views and beautiful trails in the Sahayadri mountains. Surrounded by lush green mountains, beautiful flora and fauna, waterfalls, and green valleys, this fort is a perfect place for trekking. But what most people do not know is the amazing fireflies show that takes place there naturally. Embark on this trek that gives you a chance to witness the unique show of fireflies in an exciting night trekking experience.
Rajmachi fireflies trek awaits you! Rajmachi Village situated near Lonavala, surrounded by Western Ghats is a perfect place to trek, camp and explore the twinkling fireflies during weekends. This firefly festival in Lonavala is the best option, especially if you are looking for a short getaway from the chaos of Mumbai and Pune city life!
The Rajmachi fort lying at the elevation of 2,750 feet offers majestic views of the Sahyadri Mountains. The fort is surrounded by beautiful flora and fauna, waterfalls, and green valleys. However, most people are oblivion to the fact that this place of natural beauty can be best explored before monsoon to experience the show of fireflies!
The Rajmachi fireflies festival starts with an exciting night trekking experience. Fireflies also called as Kajawa in Marathi are bugs that illuminate after sunset during to attract the opposite mates with pre-monsoon being the mating period for them.
Fireflies have become rare in cities and can be spotted in sparsely populated surroundings far away from the city buzz in natural vegetation. Escape into the wilderness and experience the magical sight of fireflies at Rajmachi trek.
- Rajmachi trek base village: Udhewadi and Kondhane
- Rajmachi trek difficulty level: Easy
- Rajmachi trek distance from Udhewadi: 15 km
- Rajmachi trek duration from Udhewadi: 5-6 hours
- Rajmachi trek distance from Kondhane: 18 km
- Rajmachi trek duration from Kondhane: 5-6 hours
- Rajmachi from Mumbai: 80 km
- Rajmachi from Pune: 75 km
Who Should Attend ?
Friends, family, and corporate outings.
Min. Age: 15 years
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Cost For Rajmachi Fireflies Trek 2023
Per Person Own Travel ₹.999
(Participant have to reach base village by own vehicle)
Per Person With Travel ₹,1299
(Participant will get Travel from Lonavala to Lonavala)
- Embark on this exciting & fun night trek to Rajmachi fort lying at an elevation of 2,750 ft.
- Escape into the wilderness & witness the unique experience of stunning fireflies that create a magical aura all around you!
- Explore the heritage of Shrivardhan Fort and appreciate its architecture
- Get pick up and drop off facilities included in the Rajmachi trek package to and fro Lonavala in shared transfers
Event Itinerary Rajmachi Fireflies 2023 Mumbai & Pune
Day 1 Saturday
For Mumbai Participant Pragati Express 12125
- 04:25 pm - C Shivaji Mah T - CSMT
- 04:34 pm - Dadar - Dr
- 04:54 pm - Thane - TNA
- 05:29 pm - Panvel - PNVL
- 06:05 pm - Karjat - KJT
- 06:46 pm - Lonavala - LNL
For Pune Participants
Pune People can catch Pune to Lonavala Local Train
- 05:15 pm - Departure from Pune
- 05:21 pm - Shivaji Nagar
- 05:26 pm - Khadki
- 05:31 pm - Dapodi
- 05:35 pm - Kasarwadi
- 05:39 pm - Pimpri
- 05:43 pm - Chinchwad
- 05:48 pm - Akurdi
- 05:53 pm - Dehu Road
- 06:40 pm - Arrival at Lonavala
07:30 PM- Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards Base Village by Jeep (sharing)
08:30 PM- Reach (base village), introduction time and start jungle trail walk towards Rajmachi Fort.
(Note:- you can also spot fireflies on the way)
10.30 PM- Reach the Rajmachi Fort and get refresh.
11.00 PM- Enjoy your dinner and stay in home stay.
11:30 PM- Begin your small jungle trails by the lake and see fireflies.
Day 2 Sunday
12:30 PM- Relax and retire for the night.
06.00 AM - Wake Up & freshen up.
06:30 AM - Enjoy the breakfast in the morning.
07:00 AM - Start ascending Shrivardhan Fort.
08:30 AM - Visit the Shrivardhan beautiful view from top of the Fort and explore the nearby area
09:30 AM - Start descending.
10:30 AM - Reach Base Village.
11:00 PM - Start your journey towards the Lonavala.
01:00 PM - Reach Lonavala railway station and catch a train back to your home with loads of memories.
What is included in the tour
- Lonavala to Lonavala travel by local jeep.
- 1 Dinner. (Veg / Non-veg / Jain)
- 1 Breakfast.
- Homestay on sharing basis
- Bhatakna India expertise charges
- Fort Entry Fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on both day
- Travel till Lonavala and back. (as per your bookings)
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2 - 3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bed sheets)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- In case it rains Jeep is only available half the way as the road becomes not motorable, the participant will have to walk 8 km till pickup point.
- Due to visitor rush during this period, jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked, the participant is requested to wait patiently for their jeep.
- If it rains, we'll try for homestay.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Fireflies Trek, no refund will be provided.
People also searched for
- Prabalmachi fireflies special trek & Camp near Mumbai & Pune
- Bhandardara firefly special camping near Mumbai & Pune
- Igatpuri firefly special camping near Mumbai & Pune
- Firefly festival 2023 in Mumbai
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Bhatakna won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Lonavala
- Board the second Compartment from Karjat Side
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Bhatakna
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
1. Can we drive till Rajmachi Village?
Not in monsoon. You need a right 4WD vehicle as last 8 km is entirely off the road with a small turning radius.
In case it rains road is not motorable
Mobile network is bad on this road will be difficult to arrange help quickly
2. How far is Rajmachi Fireflies Festival from Mumbai or Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
One hour drive from Lonavala completely off road 4WD car required.
3. The number of days required for the Fireflies Festival event?
Two days and One Night
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk, we will try to find secure parking.
You will have to pay for parking charges if spot is available.
5. Is there any parking charge a forest entry fee?
Yes, parking and forest entry fees apply collected by Forest Officer
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
No, we don't provide a sleeping bag, you can bring your own sleeping bag
In case you don't have a sleeping bag please carry two bedsheets.
For hygiene reasons, we don't provide sleeping bags.
7. Are Toilet and Bathing available at Rajmachi?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House eastern style commode
There is a water shortage in the village and no electricity so Western style commode not possible.
Due to water shortage at Udhewadi village bathing is not possible.
8. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
Fireflies Mumbai event we have 60 - 40 ratio for Male - Female
Many Solo Travellers Female & Male join our events
9. Are Kids allowed on Fireflies treks?
Ideal for parents who want to introduce kids to trekking, camping, outdoors, adventure, forts.
We take Kids below 15 with Parents or Guardian supervision only.
10. What type of food will is available?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
Jain Food is available please inform in advance to make arrangements.
11. First aid and Medical Doctor?
First Aid Kit is available always with our trek leaders
Please carry your personal medicine as there are no doctors or medicals available at base village.
11. Phone Connectivity at Rajmachi Firefly Festival?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services
The range is available at some location when you climb the fort you will get network at the top.
12. Where will we stay?
Camping in tents mostly 2 people or 3 person tents
In case it rains heavily we will try to shift you to local homestay
The homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided.
13. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway
on the spot cash payment are not accepted.
We need to book in advance jeep and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
14. Will I get bottled water?
Natural well water is only available, you can buy bottled water in the village.
Please take the empty bottles with you and avoid littering the village.
15. Can I charge my phone at Fireflies Mumbai Festival?
No electricity is available in the village
Please carry a power bank if required.
16. How is the weather now at Rajmachi Fireflies Festival?
Summer Temperature Night 26 - Day 39°C approx
Evening Rain showers are possible
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
17. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
Rajmachi Fort is sacred to locals and they will get offended if they find you consuming alcohol or smoking
18. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking
Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay
Bluetooth or Loud music not allowed at the campsite
19. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on the book now button
20. Lonavala places to visit after the event?
Wet N Joy Water Park
A1 Chikki shop
Cooper's Fudge And Chikkis
Sunil's Celebrity Wax Museum
Manshakti Lonavala for snacks
- How do fireflies glow?
Fireflies are lightning bugs that make light within their bodies. This process called bioluminescence is also shared by many sea-living or marine plants. Fireflies illuminate to attract a mate.
- What is the best season to witness fireflies?
The best season to witness fireflies is during pre-monsoon i.e. May to June.
- How far is Rajmachi Fireflies Festival from Mumbai or Pune?
Rajmachi fireflies festival is 16km away from Lonavala. The distance from Pune is approximately 171 Km (2.2 hr.) via AH 47 and 314 Km (5.5 hr.) from Mumbai.
- Can we reach Rajmachi base village using our own transport?
Yes, you can reach Rajmachi base village using your own transport
- How to reach Lonavala from Mumbai for Rajmachi Fireflies trek?
You can reach Lonavala via buses which regularly ply from Dadar, Thane, Borivali and other major spots in Mumbai. You may also board a train from Dadar or Thane to reach Lonavala or take a cab or drive your vehicle to reach Lonavala from Mumbai for Rajmachi Fireflies trek.
- How to reach Lonavala from Pune for Rajmachi Fireflies trek?
You can take a bus or a train from Pune to reach Rajmachi Fireflies trek.
- What is difficulty level for Rajmachi fireflies festival trek?
Rajmachi fireflies festival trek is fairly easy. Any healthy person above the age of 10 can go for this trek.
- How long is the Rajmachi trek to witness fireflies?
Rajmachi trek is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala Station.
- Does Rajmachi Firefly Campsite have toilet facility?
Yes, it has.
- What are the Rajmachi Fireflies Festival Event 2023 dates? Kajwa Mahotsav 2023 dates Rajmachi Lonavala?
Check the batch dates for the Rajmachi Fireflies Festival/Kajwa Mahotsav 2023.
- When can I see fireflies in Rajmachi?
Just before monsoon hits, you will be able to witness fireflies.
- Can kids join Rajmachi firefly event 2023?
An individual above 10 years of age can join Rajmachi firefly event 2023
- Can I join Rajmachi firefly festival as a solo traveller?
Yes, you can join the Rajmachi firefly festival as a solo traveler.
- What type of food will is available at Rajmachi firefly campsite?
Home-made food comprising of veg, non-veg or Jain meals are available at Rajmachi firefly campsite.
- Will there be phone connectivity at Rajmachi Firefly Festival?
The phone connectivity at Rajmachi Firefly Festival is poor. You may get a weak at the camping site.
- Where will we stay at Rajmachi?
The accommodation will be provided in hilltop tents at Rajmachi camping site.
- Rs.500 Advance payment is Non Refundable
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50% refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.