Sondai fort is a hidden beauty of Karjat. It is not a popular destination but it will blow your mind for sure! This Fort is a part of the Matheran range. This is one of the best treks to visit during monsoons near Mumbai. From Sonewadi base village it takes 15-20 mins to reach the plateau. 2 adjoined cisterns reserve water. We can have a view of Gavari hill from here. After climbing the carved stairs one can see dried cistern also on the right side a ladder is available to ascend. As the place is believed to be sacred due to the Sondai temple one must take off their shoes and continue their trek. After climbing the rock patch one can see 2 cisterns in which one huge pillar stands tall. The top view gives a splendid view of the Matheran Mountain range. Green landscapes and even foggy pinnacle during the monsoon!
Note: Participants need to Catch Khopoli Fast local train which leaves from CSMT at 11:18 PM. If you miss this train, you will miss the full event.
- 3-4 Cisterns which hold water.
- Sondai Devi Statue and 2-3 carved idols which are kept under a tree.
- Beautiful and enormous Matheran Mountain Range which is heaven to witness during monsoons!
- Morbe Dam which gives an amazing view during monsoons.
- The breathtaking view of Vavarle Dam holding the monsoon rain water.
01.11 am: Meet-Bhatakna Team at Karjat Station
01.45 am:Reach base village
02.15 am: Start Trek Post Introduction and briefing
03:45 am: Reach the top and rest
06:30 am: Good Morning... Enjoy the Nature
07:30 am Start descend
09:00 am: Reach base village and freshen up
09:30 am: Have breakfast
11:00 am: Leave for Karjat and Catch the next train for Mumbai
CSMT – Khopoli Fast Local Saturday
11:18 pm: CSMT
11:25 pm: Byculla
11:31 pm: Dadar
11:38 pm: Kurla
11:42 pm: Ghatkopar
11:58 pm: Thane
12:10 am: Dombivali
12:18 am: Kalyan
01:10 am: Karjat
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport from Karjat - Karjat
- Food: Morning Breakfast
- Entry Charges
- Bhatakna Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- 5% GST
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Warm Clothes or Jackets
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.