Harishchandragad Trek and Camping Behind Waterfall
Trekking is enjoyed to the fullest when it’s combined with a surreal night camping on the foothills and slopes of Harishchandragad. There are tons of trekking camps all over India, at the base of sky-touching peaks and amidst dense jungles. Camping in the mesmerizing halo of such massive lofty mountains makes trekking even more enjoyable. Along with the trek, trekkers can also engage in several other adventure activities while camping. This vacation unwinds in the lap of nature and dwells in the wilderness at trekking camping at Harishchandragad with the scenic environment and balmy atmosphere. The breathtaking and gorgeous landscapes of the Sahyadri range and the Western Ghats tender a perfect set-up for this activity.
The outstanding treks at Maharashtra during monsoon camping are sure to attract you if you desire to explore nature while camping in the wilderness. Whether it is camping in the open under the waterfall, the country provides the best experiences with adventurous treks. Camping in the sheer backwoods of wildlife and jungle will give you a superb opportunity to explore Sahyadri Treks.
- Duration: 2 Day 1 Night
- Base village: Pachnai
- Difficulty level: Medium
Who Should Attend Harishchandragad Monsoon Trek & Camping?
Best suited for groups, solo trekkers, corporates, couples, and families.
Discount Cost for Harishchandragad Monsoon Trek & Camping 2023
- Cost without transport: Rs. 1199/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1799/- per person
What makes this tour special
- Camping behind Waterfall
- Embark on this fun trek to the Harishchandragad fort situated at an altitude of 4650 ft.
- Visit the Konkankada cliff,
- The 'Saptatirtha' Lake
- Harishchandreshwar Temple at the top
Harishchandragad Trek - Camping Behind Waterfall Itinerary
Day Zero - Friday Night
Please board the Kasara Local from your nearest station.
12:15 am - Train Starts from CSMT - Kasara Local on the central railway
03:30 am - Kasara Railway Stations arrival time
03:40 am - Trek Leader will meet you near the ticket counter
03:55 am - Drive till base village Pachnai in Local Jeep Transport
Day One - Saturday Morning
08:00 am - Reach Pachnai village
08:15 am - Breakfast and use toilets
09:00 am - Introduction with the Team and Travellers
09:20 am- Start Ascending, and Trek begins
11:00 am - Reach the Temple
11:45 am - Visit Kokankada
01:00 pm - Ganesh Caves
01:30 pm - Lunch on top of fort - Simple meal
02:40 pm - Descend to waterfall camping tents.
04:40 pm - Evening snacks Bhutta - Maggi
05:00 pm - Reach the campsite
05:15 pm - Tent Allocation and Relax
07:00 pm - Bonfire
10:00 pm - Dinner
Day Two - Sunday
07:00 am - Good Morning
08:00 am - Start Descending towards Pachnai Village.
10:00 am - Trek and Camping completed
10:30 am - Breakfast & Toilets
11:15 am - Leave by arranged local jeep transport to Kasara Railway Station.
03:00 pm - Kasara railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation for kasara to kasara.
- 2 Breakfast 1 lunch 1 Dinner
- Tent Charges.
- Entry Fees.
- Leaders Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything other than mentioned in price includes
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility on the Mountain only Available at the Base Village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Use repellents to keep bugs away Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
Are Toilets available at Campsite?
You are signing up for jungle camping toilet will be available only at base village. For toilet you will have to go in wilderness.
Are kids allowed on this trek?
Kids below 15 years are not allowed on this camping and trek trip.
Do we need to carry sleeping bag or bedsheets ?
Yes please carry sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets.
How to book Kasara Railway station ticket?
No reservation is required you can directly buy at ticket window. You can also use UTS app to book local train ticket.
Can we travel in own transport?
We will provide google maps location till base village for easy navigation. Please note roads are very bad and car breakdown are common it is better to travel in SUV or choose our transport.
Is there a toilet on the Harishchandragad Fort?
No, toilets available at Harishchandragad Fort. Toilets are available at Pachnai village.
Tent size available for camping under waterfall and Harishchandragad Trek?
Two person tents are available.
Is Jain food available?
Jain food is available please inform in advance at time of booking.
Can we drink alchohol or smoke hookah or chew tobacco or smoke cigarettes?
We dont allow drinking alchohol or smoke hookah or chew tobacco or smoke cigarettes on our events.