About (Naneghat Trek)
Naneghat is a mountain pass situated at an elevation of 2600 feet. The trek is famous for its ancient pass it connects the Konkan Coast and Junnar town. Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra. While going through Malshej Ghat, we can easily get a glimpse of Naneghat after Murbad. Nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass". As this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. From the inscriptions in the caves indicate that Satavahana dynasty ruled here and also the Mauryan Empire. We can approach Naneghat via Vaishakhare or via Dahndya.
History of Naneghat Pass
During the reign of the Satavahana, the pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar. This was the most important trade route, as it connected harbor of Sopara (now Nalasopara) and Kalyan directly to Junnar and Paithan. Bor Ghat, Malshej Ghat, and Naneghat were the foremost road links for commuting coast to the Junnar plateau. The Satvaahans had made Naneghat their main route to Junnar. During their tenure, the most important way of commuting was Naneghat, which linked Kalyan & Sopara to Paithan. However, as time proceeded, it was destroyed by alien rulers and then paid no attention.
Once you reach Naneghat trekking point, there is a proper trail from there taking you to the Naneghat. This trail is pretty easy and is five kilometers. Naneghat trekking point just starts off the Ahmednagar-Kalyan road. The trail passes through some patchy forest and mostly dry terrains. When you reach towards the end of the trek, you will see a high point in front of you. You will have to climb to the hilltop.
Naneghat Trek Event Details
- Naneghat night trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Naneghat: Vaishakhare
- Region: Malshej Ghat
- Total time required for climbing Naneghat: Maximum 2.5-3 hrs.
- Duration: 1 night and 1 day
- Naneghat height: 2800 ft. (approx.)
- Type: Ancient trade route
Who Should Attend Kalsubai Monsoon Trek?
Best suited for groups, solo trekkers, corporates, couples, and families.
Cost for Kalsubai Monsoon Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 899/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1399/- per person
- Enjoy a thrilling trekking experience with a professional guide
- SpriteA perfect blend of nature & adventure
- SpriteAwe-inspiring trek for Mountain Lovers
- SpriteVerified Local Operator
Naneghat Trek Event Itinerary
Day 1 Saturday
Departure from Mumbai
10:00 Pm – Meet Bhatakna Team at SGNP, Borivali.
10:15 Pm – Settle down our private vehicle as we start our journey towards the base Village.
10:00 PM: SGNP, Borivali
10:20 PM: Malad
10:30 PM: Goregaon
10:40 PM: Gondavali Bus Stop, Andheri
10:50 PM: Kalanagar bus stop, Bandra
11:00 PM: Sion Circle
11:10 PM: Chembur
11:20 PM: Ghatkopar
11:30 PM: Teen Hatt Naka, Thane
12:15 AM: Kalyan Bypass
Day 2 Sunday
Trek to Naneghat
05:00 AM: Reach the Base village, from where you can get a glimpse of Sahyadri Mountain.(if you have adopt without transportation package, participate have reach base at 05 am on Sunday)
05:15 AM: Get freshen up and Have Breakfast & Tea to get ready for this enthralling trek.
06:30 AM: Gear up, & pack your bags and embark on this trek! For adventure Trek, It’s gonna be a long climb to the top. Make a few halts on the way where you can grab your snack or a drink.
09:30 AM: Reach in Cave Of Naneghat, Reach Nanacha Angatha and Witness Reverse Waterfall Photo sessions, amazing sceneriesYou will get a beautiful view of heaven on earth & foggy clouds
11:00 AM: Take a group picture & have some garam garam Maggi the mountain(on your own) and start the descent. Start your descent. Finally, you get a view of the surroundings you climbed through in the early morning.
02:00 PM: Reach back down and grab a quick lunch to curb your hunger.
04:00 PM: Time to head back to Mumbai
10:00 PM: Adios! Back to the mundane city life. Until next time, Bhatakna!
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai.
- Unlimited Breakfast & Lunch.
- Washroom & Changing Facilities at down
- Entrance Fees
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives
- First-aid assistance.
- New Friends made, new Bonds attached
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as mineral water, soft drinks etc
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility on the Mountain only Available at the Base Village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Use repellents to keep bugs away Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
What is the meeting point & time for Naneghat Trek?
The meeting point for the Naneghat Trek is Kalyan Bus Depot in Mumbai. You will leave for the base village Vaishakhare the previous night, at about 10:30 PM, and it is requested that you reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes before departure to avoid any delay.
How far is Naneghat from Mumbai?
Naneghat is located approximately 165 km away from Mumbai. The time taken to reach the base village of Vaishakhare from the meeting point is around two hours.
Is Naneghat Trek safe?
Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Sahyadris Mountain Range in Maharashtra and is a pretty easy trek of about five kilometres. The trail passes through forests and is mostly dry and secure. Additionally, you will be accompanied by professional trek guides who will brief you about the trek and the safety standards to be followed. You should listen to the guides carefully and resolve any doubt or confusion before beginning the trek to avoid any unforeseen situations.
During the trek, you are in safe hands of the guides who are experienced and well acquainted with the surrounding area. The guides also carry a first-aid kit during the trek for minor injuries and mishaps. The Naneghat trek is a popular trek, especially among people from nearby cities like Pune and Mumbai as it is easily accessible from these cities and offers excellent trekking routes and incredible views.
What things do I need to carry for Naneghat Trek?
You should carry the following items for the Naneghat Trek:
- Valid ID Proof(Mandatory)
- Extra set of clothes
- Sleeping bag
- Water bottle(2-3 litres)
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Mosquito repellent
- Good quality trekking shoes(waterproof)
- Full sleeves and full track pants to avoid thorns, insects, prickles and sunlight
- Raincoat/Poncho/Waterproof Jacket
- Personal Medication(if any).
Which meal do I get during Naneghat Trek?
The meals included in the activity are breakfast and lunch. Breakfast will be served in the morning before beginning the trek. You can have lunch on reaching the top of the trek where you will relax, before heading back to the base.
The food served will be vegetarian. It is advisable to carry some light snacks and juices like chocolates, dry fruits, energy bars, glucose, and Gatorade.
How long does Naneghat Trek last?
The trek is about 5 km long one side which takes about two and a half hours to cover. You will leave from the base village early morning, reach the top, have lunch, and explore the area before heading back, making the trek a duration of about 8 hours. The duration of the entire activity is about 24 hours during which you will be travelling to the base village, trekking to the top, and returning back to Mumbai.
Will I get a guide for Naneghat Trek?
Yes, a professional trek guide will accompany you on the trek, providing you with all the assistance you need during the activity. The guide is qualified and experienced to handle any situation during the trek. You should listen to the instructions given by the guide carefully and discuss any confusions with them.
How much does Naneghat Trek cost?
The Naneghat Trek comes at a special price of INR 1800 on Bhatakna. The amount covers the cost of transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai, meals, and expert guidance and assistance during the trek. Book your spot on the trek as soon as possible and get amazing deals.
How do I get to Naneghat?
Your transportation to Naneghat is covered in this activity, and all you have to do is reach the meeting point on time to experience trekking in Naneghat.
Naneghat is located about 55 km from Kalyan, and you can reach the base village Vaishakhare by taking a state transport bus that passes through Malshej Ghat from Kalyan. It will take about two hours to reach Vaishakhare, from where you can begin the trek to Naneghat.
What is the difficulty level of Naneghat Trek?
The difficulty level for the Naneghat trek is easy to moderate. It is a short trek of about 5 km on a rugged trail that takes about two and a half hours to cover. This trek is ideal for beginners as well as people who trek frequently.
How much distance will I have to cover in Naneghat Trek?
The trek covers a total distance of about 11 km. The distance between the base village and the top of the trek is about 5 km. On reaching the top, you can explore the nearby area as well before heading back to the village.