Imagine yourself camping in a dense forest on a cold night, starry sky and…. surrounded by bright shining light illuminated by twinkling fireflies!!! Imagine walking on a mysterious dark trail brightened by fireflies flying all around you. Sounds enthralling, doesn’t it? In reality, this can be much more beautiful and captivating. Prabalmachi and Kalavantin Durg trekking is the best that nature has to offer and is the perfect getaway if you are looking for something like this!
Prabalmachi as the name itself indicates is a huge gigantic plateau situated at a massive height of more than 1200 feet above mean sea level. It is a little hamlet hiding in the hills, close to our megacity - Mumbai! Prabalmachi camping offers breathtaking picturesque of the two magnificent and gigantic peaks of Sahyadri - Prabalgad and Kalavantin forts. Because of these two glorious forts and the bewitching natural beauty of the surroundings, many visitors are attracted to this place. Being an ancient and beautiful village situated halfway up a mountain it is an ideal place to pitch your tents and experience outdoors. Apart from being a camping place, it is also the base village for the Kalavantin trek and Prabalgad trek. One will also get to explore beautiful village homes; small farms; dense forests; in and around this hamlet. Prabalmachi camping and trekking transport you to a whole new world of scenic beauty and peace.
Who Should Attend ?
Friends, family, and corporate outings.
Min. Age: 15 years
Accommodation: Tent stay
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Cost For Prabalmachi Fireflies Camping 2023
Per Person Own Travel ₹.899
(Participant have to reach base village by own vehicle)
Per Person With Travel ₹,1299
(Participant will get Travel from Panvel to Panvel)
- Batch 1: 20th - 21st May 2023
- Batch 2: 27th - 28th May 2023
- Batch 3: 03rd - 04th June 2023
- Batch 4: 10th - 11th June 2023
- Batch 5: 17th - 18t June 2023
Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of this journey
Camping at the top of the plateau
Enjoy the view of the Pinnacle with the stairway leading to the top and peer into the scenic geographies
Explore one of the most popular Kalavantin Durg treks which is positioned at around bases in the Raigad quarter of Maharashtra at an altitude of 2205 feet
The journey is a perfect bone for newcomers or adventure campaigners as you get to enjoy the beauty of rocky terrains, lush verdure with your team
Short trek through meadows and dense forests.
Stargazing at night bonfire & music
Detailed Itinerary Prabalmachi Fireflies Camping 2023
From CSMT to Panvel
03:28 Pm CST
03:46 Pm Vadala Road
03:57 Pm Kurla
04:17 Pm Vashi
04:26 Pm Nerul
04:48 Pm Panvel
From Thane to Panvel
04:00 Pm Thane
04:17 Pm Koparkhairne
04:29 Pm Nerul
04:52 Pm Panvel
DAY 1 Saturday
05:00 pm Meet Bhatakna Team at Panvel Station Ticket Counter
05:20 pm Move towards Thakurwadi (Base Village) in our transfer vehicle
06:30 pm Start trek towards Prabalmachi after a brief session
Enjoy the fireflies on the way as we are doing night Trek so you can spot fireflies on the way.
08:00 pm Reach campsite at Prabalmachi & get Refresh
09:30 pm Prepare for a night under the sky, have delicious local cuisine for dinner,
10:30 pm Night Again a Small walk to spot Fireflies around us enjoy watching them back to the campsite, and If tired can retire and take rest in tents.
11:30 pm Rest people can enjoy the night let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends and enjoy the campfire.
12:00 am Off to the tents for sound sleep (For those who are very sleepy :P). Day Ends
DAY 2 Sunday
06:00 am Wake up call, get fresh an up.
06:30 am Move towards Kalavantin Durg, for those who would like to trek. Others can enjoy their morning at Prabalmachi.
07:30 am Reach the pinnacle, bask in the majestic view from the top, Witness the sunrise from the top. Take selfies with an amazing background.
8:00 am Start the descend towards Prabalmachi
09:00 am Reach Prabalmachi, Campsite have Tea & Snacks
10:00 hrs Start to descend towards Thakurwadi (After a mandatory group pic!!!)
12:00 hrs Reach Thakurwadi, say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Panvel in our transfer vehicle.
This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning.
What is included in the tour
Transport From Panvel - Campsite - Panvel.
1 Breakfast & 1 Dinner
Accommodation on sharing basis.
All guide and local expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Any cost incurred by the participants on meals ,cold drinks, etc.
Any cost incurred on participants medical emergency.
Any cost incurred due to unavoidable circumstances such as climatic changes, etc..
Things not mentioned in the Inclusion list.
- Identity proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (At least 2 Litters) Must
- Camera (on your own risk)
- Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Raincoat, rain poncho, or windcheater
- Extra Pair of dry clothes
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which you require usually.
- A good a trekking shoe, and extra pair of floaters and socks
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands-free while trekking.
- In case it rains Jeep is only available half the way as the road becomes not motorable, the participant will have to walk 8 km till pickup point.
- Due to visitor rush during this period, jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked, the participant is requested to wait patiently for their jeep.
- If it rains, we'll try for homestay.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Fireflies Trek, no refund will be provided.
People also searched for:
- Rajmachi fireflies special trek near Mumbai
- Purushwadi firefly special event in Maharashtra
- Bhandardara firefly special camping near Mumbai
- Fireflies special event at Dehne in Maharashtra
- Firefly festival 2023 in Mumbai
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Bhatakna won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please take tickets till Panvel
- Missing the train means missing the trek, no refunds would be entertained by Bhatakna
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Mandatory instructions for fireflies festival:
1. Keep min 50 feet distance.
2. Don't touch the fireflies and trees/Branches as well.
3. Avoid torch or use it with green colour filter only for route.
4. Zero noise(no music/keep silent).
5. Smoking/Alcohol/Deo/Perfume all are strictly prohibited.
1. Is Prabalmachi Camping safe for solo female travelers?
Yes, it is completely safe for female and solo travelers.
2. Where are fireflies found around Prabalmachi?
Fireflies can be spotted at Prabalmachi plateau in Sahyadris just a few weeks before the beginning of the monsoon. The perfect time to visit is during premonsoon or the start of monsoon. These play around in large numbers at night, however, ensure not to make much noise or light any torch.
3. Is the Prabalmachi trek difficult?
Prabalmachi trek is easy and can be done by beginners as well.
4. When is the best time to visit Kalavantin Durg?
The best time to visit Kalavantin Durg is from November to March. Monsoons are pleasant too, however, rains can make the trail much more dangerous and difficult.
5. Would I get connectivity in my cell phone?
You will get very limited connectivity during the trek. Also, in a few areas, there might be no connectivity at all.
6. What type of food will I get?
You will be served locally cooked meals. However, proper care of hygienic food will be taken.
7. How much time is required to ascend Kulvantin Durg?
You can complete the ascend in 3-4 hours, depending on person to person.
8. Is Kalavantin Durg Trek difficult?
In terms of difficulty, the Kalavantin trek is a moderate level trek. With a little bit of experience and good endurance, one can complete this trek.
9. Can we stay in our tents?
Most definitely yes! On the Prabalmachi plateau, you can set up your tents and get the camping feels.
10. What if I have a medical emergency?
We always carry a first aid kit with us. The guides and volunteers are first aid certified. If the problem increases, we will quickly get you to the closest medical attention possible.
11. Are toilets available on the trek route?
Proper toilets are not available on the route. Toilets will be available in the Thakurwadi village and Prabalmachi village where you can freshen up.
12. What is the cheapest way to get to the base village?
The cheapest way to get from Mumbai to Thakurwadi base village is via train. Take a train from Mumbai (Dadar) to Panvel Station and from Panvel take a auto till Thakurwadi. The Approx cost would be 400 rs one side.
Panvel railway Station
- Rs.500 Advance payment is Non Refundable
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50% refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.