Sandhan Valley Overview
Sandhan Valley is a unique experience combining adventure activities such as Rappelling and staying amidst nature. Sandhan valley is a water-carved valley around 200 feet deep. Sandhan is located near the beautiful Bhandardara region near a village called Samrad. Samrad village and Sandhan Valley are surrounded by Alang, Madan, and Kulang Mountains. Sandhan Valley trek starts from Samrad village. Total trek time is around 5 hours which includes rappelling and crossing a pool of water. And deep gorges and one of its kinds of life experience which you feel at the end of the trek. The Great Grand Dad of all Treks – The Valley of Shadows, where you’ll hardly get to see the sunlight, isolated from the outer world, dead silence, passing through those deep creepy ponds, lifeless rocks and boulders, Echoes of your own footsteps will make you feel like a presence of some entity, sleeping by the waterfall with the nocturnal creatures in sub-freezing temperature. You’ll remember these 48 hours throughout your lifetime. a Brilliant & deep narrow rock floored ravine between the two high walls of a mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3ft. so that at some places sun rays are unable to reach. So, it’s called the valley of the shadow. To go at the end side of the gorge you have to cross 2-3 water pools, water level changes according to seasons, in winter it is up to waist & in summer it is up to knee height. At the end of the valley, you get a magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valleys.
Sandhan Valley Packages Cost
1) With Travelling₹1700/-
Sandhan Valley Details Itinerary:
Day 1 Saturday - Catch the CST-Kasara train as per the timings mentioned.
Catch a train at given time below.
- 02:17 PM: CSMT
- 02:32 PM: Dadar
- 02:40 PM: Kurla
- 02:44 PM: Ghatkopar
- 03:00 PM: Thane
- 03:26 PM: Kalyan
- 04:41 PM: Report to the trekleaders at Kasara Railway Station ( https://goo.gl/maps/mcqSN6qsjjaUHskE8 )
- 05:00 PM: Departure to the Base Village
- 08:00 PM: Reach Base Village.Tent pitching activity for overnight camping.
- 09:00 PM: Prepare for a night under the sky have Delicious Local cuisine for Dinner, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play few games, share stories ( especially ghost stories), make new friends & enjoy the Bonfire Nights.
- 12:0 PM: Off to the tents for sound sleep( for those who are very sleepy.
Day 2 Sunday - Trek to Sandhan Valley | Return | End of the Experience.
- 06:30 AM: Wake Up & Have breakfast
- 07:30 AM: Start our trek to the Sandhan Valley
- 08:00 AM: Reach At Rapelling Spot
- 08:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Activity, Explore valley, Relax
- 11:00 AM: Start walking back to the base village via the same route
- 12:30 PM: Reach Base Village and have lunch
- 01:30 PM: Have Lunch
- 02:30 PM: Depart for Kasara
- 05:30 PM: Reach Kasara (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- Take 06:17 PM: local Train to CSMT
- 08:35 PM: Reach CSMT
- Take 08:15 PM local to CSMT (In case we miss the previous train)
- 10:40 PM: Reach CSMT
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kasara to base village & Back.
- Day 1 Dinner.
- Day 1 breakfast.
- Camping in Tent. Tent Sharing (2/3) Basis.
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives
- All guide and local expertise charges.
- First-aid assistance.
What is NOT included in the tour
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
1) What is the difficulty level of the trek?
It is an easy to moderate level trek.
2) Where is Sandhan valley located?
Sandhan valley is located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
3) What is the Sandhan valley trek distance?
It is approximately 2-3 km.
4) What is the best time to visit Sandhan valley?
The best time to visit Sandhan Valley is from June to February.
5) What is the Sandhan valley distance?
It is approximately 185 km from Mumbai.
6) What is Sandhan valley rappelling height?
The height is approximately 120 ft.