Sandhan Valley Fireflies Trek and Camping 2023
Samrad is base village for Ratangad and Sandhan Valley. From village you can see Ratangad, Ajoba fort, Kalsubai peak. Campsite will be near Lake. This is the best spot for astro-photography.
Sandhan Valley is considered to be one of the most scenic and adventurous regions of the Sahyadris in Maharashtra. Trekking and many other activities that take place here have pulled the status of the place to a class that's unbeatable. If you combine with that the amazing, summertime fireflies treks of Maharashtra, the whole experience becomes somewhat unique and worth taking a chance at.
This trek starts with your arrival in Kasara, from where the transfer to Samrad will happen, followed by a firefly trek and then dinner.
Who Should Attend ?
Best suited for groups, solo trekkers, corporates, couples, families.
Cost For Sandhan Valley Fireflies Trek and Camping 2023
Per Person Own Travel ₹.1299
(Guest have to reach base village by own vehicle)
Per Person With Travel ₹.1999
(Adult will get Kasara to kasara Travel)
- Twinkling Fireflies are the highlight of this journey.
- Experience Lake Camping stay-camping or homestay in case of rain
- Night Strolls, mystery stories around Samrad will keep you hooked!
- Stay amidst the view of Sandhan Valley, Alang, Madan, Kulang, Kalsubai, Ratangad and Ajoba forts.
- Try your hand at night-time photography
- Rappelling at Sandhan Valley and Trek
Day 1 Saturday - Catch the CST-Kasara train as per the timings mentioned.
- 10:16 AM - CST
- 10: 23 AM - Byculla
- 10: 29 AM - Dadar
- 11: 36 AM - Kurla
- 10: 40 AM - Ghatkopar
- 10: 57 AM - Thane
- 11: 13 AM - Dombivali
- 11: 21 AM - Kalyan
- 12: 34 PM - Kasara
12:40 pm - Meet our Team at Kasara St. And move towards the base village in Jeep.
06:00 PM: Reach Base Village
06:30 PM: Pitch tent nearby Lake Under the Stars.
09:00 PM: Prepare for a night under the sky have Delicious Local cuisine for Dinner, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play few games, share stories ( especially ghost stories), make new friends & enjoy the Bonfire Nights.
10:30 PM: explore the nearby areas to view fireflies.
12:30 PM: Off to the tents for sound sleep( for those who are very sleepy.
Day 2 Sunday - Trek to Sandhan Valley | Return | End of the Experience.
06:30 AM: Wake Up & Have breakfast
07:30 AM: Start our trek to the Sandhan Valley
08:00 AM: Reach At Rapelling Spot
08:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Activity, Explore valley, Relax
11:00 AM: Start walking back to the base village via the same route
12:30 PM: Reach Base Village and have lunch
01:30 PM: Have Lunch
02:30 PM: Depart for Kasara
04:00 PM: Reach Kasara Railway Station.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kasara to Kasara By zeep.
- Day 1 Evening Snacks,Dinner (Veg, Non- veg, Jain).
- Day 2 breakfast, Lunch.
- Camping in Tent.
- Bhatakna Representative.
- Local Technical guide.
- Forest entry charges.
- First Aid kit.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / so drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Identity proof (Must)
A bole of water (At least 3 Liters) Must
Camera (on your own risk)
Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Extra Pair of dry clothes
ORS, Glucose, Electrol, and Personal Care Medicine those which you require usually.
A good a trekking shoe, and extra pair of oaters and socks
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
Dress Code T-shirt, Flexible Track Pant. (HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.).
Carrying sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands-free while trekking.
No, Toilets are available at base village only.
- Food available ?
Basic veg food is available prepared by locals Breakfast – Poha and Tea Main Meal – Bhakri / Sabzi / Rice / Daal / Papad / Pickle
- Can we self drive till Samrad village ?
Yes you can take own car.
- Are washrooms available during the trek?
No washrooms are only available at the base village
- Is Sandhan Valley Trek safe for Solo Travelers and Female Travelers?
Yes, the trek is completely safe for solo and female travelers. We usually have around 40% of solo or women travelers with us in each batch. We pay special aention to the safety of our guests. Separate accommodation is provided to men and women for their overall comfort
- Numbers of days required for this trek ?
Two days are required and one nights