The journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other...again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit
Visapur Fort is located in the Pune district of Maharashtra. Attaining a height of 1,084m, this historic fortress was built during the late 1713-1720s. Steeped in history and some of the glorious tales of the past, this historic fort was built by the first Peshwa of the valorous Maratha Empire. But was later conquered by the British in 1818. Visapur Fort is larger and at a higher elevation than its twin fort- Lohagad. These two roofless buildings surrounded by outer or veranda walls said to have once been Government offices. There is a well which local legend says was built by the Pandavas. In 1885, near the north wall there was an iron gun ten feet long and of four-inch bore, marked with the
Tudor Rose and Crown, flanked by the letters E. R. This is probably a gun of Queen Elizabeth’s reign probably taken as bounty from an English ship and presented to the Peshwa Khanoji Angre or some other commander of the Maratha navy. Like other guns on the fort, it has been disabled by breaking off its trunnions. Close to it are the remains of an old Mahadev shrine.
Who Should Attend ?
Everyone can enjoy the Visapur fort trek in monsoons as there is water gushing through the steps while you trek. After the 30-40mins trail, there is a plateau covered with lush greenery. You can also spot Lohagad, Tikona, and Tung Forts, and the expressway.
05:00 AM: Meet the team at The location provided by Guests
05:30 AM: Settle down our private vehicle as we start our journey towards the base Village.
09:00 AM: Participants travelling by their own vehicles gather outside the base village. (our trek leader would be waiting for you all.)
09:30 AM: Reach Base village and Enjoy breakfast
10:00 AM: Post Introduction Start our trek.
01:00 PM: We reach the Top you will get a beautiful view & to capture some pictures to store it as a memory.
02:00 PM: We start our descent. Finally, you get a view of the surroundings you climbed through in the morning.
04:00 PM: Reach the Base Village and enjoy Local Maharashtrian Lunch.
05:30 PM: Leave for Mumbai
10:00 PM: Adios! Back to the mundane city life.
What is included in the tour
- 1 Veg / nonveg / jain lunch.
- 1 Veg breakfast.
- Traveling from Mumbai & Pune & back.
- Evening Tea.
- Safety & first aid.
- Fort entry fees.
- Experienced bhatakna representatives.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion.
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility on the Mountain only Available at the Base Village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Use repellents to keep bugs away Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts