Imagine yourself in the middle of dark jungles, finding routes, viewing valleys and crossing ghats, sound adventurous?? Yeah!!!! Youll be doing all this at Andharban The Dark forest Trek. This trek is majorly based on descending from the peak. It is one of the most stunning treks and there are lots of things to explore. You will be walking on the ridge that gives a scintillating view of the Kundalika Valley and the various mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. While you're trekking, there will be coverage of evergreen forests which covers you with a relaxing shade in the first half of the trek (6-8 kms).
Walking Time (estimated): 05 hours one side trek through the deep forest.
Andharban trek, by its name, means a dark dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height and you will descend till the end. It is one of the most beautiful treks and has lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam, and the mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat.
The same valley where is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting.
Type: Valley / Jungle descend the trail
Range: Mulshi, Pune
Base Village: Tamhini
Trek Distance: 13 Km
Who Should Attend Andharban Jungle Trek?
Best suited for groups, solo trekkers, corporates, couples, and families.
Discount Cost for Andharban Jungle Trek 2023
- Cost without transport: Rs. 999/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1399/- per person
- Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
- Visit Tamhini Ghat
- Bhira Dam start point
- Walk through dense and dark jungle of Andharban
Andharban Jungle Trek Pune Detailed Itinerary
- Batch 1- Saturday 05:00 AM to Saturday 10:30 PM
- Batch 2- Sunday 05:00 AM to Sunday 10:30 PM
- 05:00 AM: Report at Fergusson College Main Gate
- 05:30 AM: Pickups from Wakad Bridge
- 08:00 AM: Reach Base village and Have Breakfast
- 09:00 AM: Start Trek through Andharban Forest Post Briefing and Instructions by trek leaders
- 12:00 PM: Reach Hirdi & Ghutke Junction and take a break
- 12:30 PM: Continue our trek towards Ghutke Village.
- 03:00 PM: Reach Ghutke village, board the bus to the base village
- 04:00 PM: Reach the base village (Start point of the trek) and Have Lunch (Veg Thali)
- 06:00 PM: Start return journey to Pune.
- 10:00 PM: Reach Pune. (Arrival time is subjective to traffic and weather conditions)
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Pune to Pune.
- Unlimited Breakfast
- Unlimited Lunch.
- Andharban Forest Entry Charges.
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives.
- First-aid assistance.
- New Friends made, new Bonds attached.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as mineral water, soft drinks etc
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility on the Mountain only Available at the Base Village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/bhatakna
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/bhatakna/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Use repellents to keep bugs away Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
1. Can I do the Andharban trek if I have never been on a trek before?
Yes, it is an easy to moderate level trek. Any person who is physically fit can do this trek with ease.
2. How to reach the Base village from Mumbai?
Please refer to our section on ‘How to Reach?’ to get complete details on travel.
3. Can we drive a car to Andharban?
Yes, you can search for Andharban Trail Start Point on google maps and navigate to it. However, we are not responsible in case of any loss/damage. Please park your car at the base village at your own risk.
4. Are there toilet facilities available on the Andharban trek route?
Toilets are not available during the trek. You can utilize the washroom facilities once you reach the base village.
5. The ideal number of days required for this trek?
One day is sufficient for the Andharban trek. You can keep 2 extra days to explore places around Lonavala and Pune.
6. How much time is required to complete this trek?
You can complete the entire trek in 6-8 hours, subject to change as per the weather condition.
7. What is the total trek distance of the Andharban trek?
The total trek distance is 13 km. Although this trek does not include any climbs or rocky terrain, you will have to walk a long distance at a stretch.
8. Best time to do this trek?
Monsoons and post-monsoons (June to October) are generally the best time to enjoy this trek since there is plenty of greenery and misty winds that will give you the chills.
9. What type of footwear should I wear for the trek?
Andharban trek involves long walks so you should be wearing comfortable trekking shoes. Try to avoid slippery sandals as you might lose grip and tend to fall. Carrying an extra pair of socks is recommended.
10. Is the event safe for solo female travelers?
There are many solo travelers that join us for the event, most of them being females. We pay special attention to the safety of our guests and separate accommodation is provided to men and women.
11. Do you allow kids on this trek?
Kids below 16 are allowed only if accompanied by an adult.
12. Is smoking and consuming alcohol allowed?
No. We follow a strict ‘No liquor policy’ and anyone caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to leave the trek immediately.
13. What is the condition of network connectivity at Andharban?
There is no network throughout the trek, with very limited phone connectivity available at some spots.
14. Can I charge my phone during the trek?
There is no electricity supply available during the trek. One should carry a power bank if required.
15. Places to see near Pimpri village?
You can explore the Tamhini waterfalls, Devkund waterfalls, Tamhini Ghat viewpoint, Plus Valley trek which are just a few kilometers from Pimpri village.
( Pune Pickup: Starbucks FC Road, Wakad bridge )
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Terms and conditions
- Rs.500 Advance payment is Non Refundable.
- If you are not feeling well already then kindly do not book the tickets.
- Seats are on the basis on 1st come - 1st serve basis. While returning also you have to sit on your initial Seat.
- Please carry a valid ID proof along with you.
- Tickets once booked cannot be exchanged
- Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. Bhatakna Tours & Travels are not responsible for any injury or damage occurring due to the event.
- Participants with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.