Want to explore the secret serene place away from the mundane cacophony of the city? Let’s embark on one of the most beloved one-day treks in Maharashtra - The Devkund Waterfall trek from Mumbai.
Looking for that perfect waterfall hidden inside the jungle which is unknown to the world you can join Bhatakna Tours & Travel and visit the Devkund Waterfall located near Bhira Village, Devkund Waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in India. Devkund Waterfall is a mostly unknown and unexplored waterfall in Maharashtra.
There are very few perennial waterfalls in Maharashtra like Devkund Waterfall. The forest around the waterfall is beautifully green and dense with many species of animals and birds. Devkund keeps the spirit of the monsoon alive. Your trek will lead you through many unexplored trails, you will be navigating slippery rocks trek would contain medium to easy obstacles along the way. Once you reach Devkund Waterfall you will be overwhelmed with its beauty and filled with joy.
The white water cascaded down a series of rocky outcrops, giving the effect of many waterfalls rather than just one. Then it flowed on its way, nonchalant as if nothing had occurred.
Devkund, also known as “Bathing Pond of Gods”, this mystical falls also holds mythological significance and is considered sacred by locals there. Some of the beautiful treks like Tamhini Ghats, Andharban, etc fall under this area.
Who Should Attend Devkund Waterfall Trek?
Best suited for groups, solo trekkers, corporates, couples, and families.
Discount Cost for Devkund Waterfall Trek 2023
- Cost without transport: Rs. 699/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1299/- per person
- Magnificent Waterfalls
- Play around the natural pool formed under the waterfalls
- Crossing over the famous Tamhini Ghat
- Clear bluish-green water body
- Dense trails filled with flora and fauna
- Fun-filled and exhilarating trekking experience
Day 1 - Departure from Pune
Team Bhatakna would be ready to meet you’ll at the respective pick up locations.
- 11:55 PM: Report to The Trekleaders at Fergusson College Main Gate, FC Road (https://goo.gl/maps/53XNsyDPwcSVReZW9)
- 12:20 AM: Bremen Chowk, Aundh (https://goo.gl/maps/8a26z5EVzbH4v8U28)
- 12:40 AM: Wakad-Hinjewadi Flyover (https://goo.gl/maps/bwg9SECAAx7JRXPG9)
- 12:55 AM: Hinjewadi Phase 1 (https://goo.gl/maps/boFdXy14ABpeY4Yw9)
- 01:15 AM: Hinjewadi Phase 3 (https://goo.gl/maps/zqN4a3YVLUN7CakH9)
Day 2 - Devkund waterfall Trek
- 04:00 AM: Reach Base Village (Patnus), Get freshen up. You can rest for some time on the bus.
- 05:00 AM: Have Breakfast
- 06:00 AM: With all your belongings along with you, get onto Bus and reach the base Village (Bhira)- The start point of the Trek is 10 mins journey from Patnus.
- 06:30 AM: Post briefing by Trekleaders, Start the trek towards Devkund Waterfall through a jungle trail with water streams.
- 08:30 AM: Reach the waterfall, Keep your bags Carefully at one common point as per the instructions given by Trekleaders and enjoy with a group
- 10:30 AM: Start the return trek toward the base village (Bhira).
- 01:00 PM: As per the instructions given by Trek leaders, reach the start point of the trek where our Bus was Parked. Get onto the bus and Leave towards our Resort Property. base village and have Lunch.
- 01:30 PM: Reach the Resort Property. Get freshen up and have Delicious Lunch.
- 03:00 PM: Start return journey to Pune.
- 08:00 PM: Reach Pune. (Arrival Time is subjective to the Pace of the Group and Road Traffic conditions)
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Pune to Pune.
- Unlimited Breakfast & Lunch. (veg / Non-veg / Jain)
- Devkund Forest Entry Charges.
- Bhatakna Expertise Representatives.
- First-aid assistance.
- Bhatakna Badges.
- New Friends made, new Bonds attached.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as mineral water, soft drinks etc
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking - Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility on the Mountain only Available at the Base Village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/bhatakna
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/bhatakna/
- The tour is weather-based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Use repellents to keep bugs away Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
What is the difficulty level of Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The Devkund Trek is one of the most charming one-day treks in Maharashtra. It roughly takes 3 hours to complete. Its difficulty level ranges from easy to medium and can be easily done by beginners as well. As professional trekkers.
What is the best time to go for Devkund Trek?
Devkund Trek is a year-round destination attracting an influx of tourists for being a perfect weekend getaway.
The best time to visit this place is during the monsoon when the whole place becomes beautiful, bountiful, and green. The weather is pleasant and the climate is perfect for a trek.
The rainfall is at the peak in July and August. The trek may get closed due to heavy rainfalls during these months.
What is the batch size usually of Devkund Waterfall Trek?
Usually, the batch size of this trek is between 10-12 people. This comprises men, women, and children. We do not prefer to exceed this as it might cause chaos. We believe in giving attention to each of our travelers, so we stick to the number.
Are PickUp and Drop facilities available from Mumbai or Pune?
We have multiple pick-up points from Mumbai and Pune. Mumbai Pickup is available from Borivali, Malad, Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Sion, Chembur, Vashi, Nerul, Kharghar, Kalamboli McD.
Pune Pickup is available from Starbucks FC Road, Wakad bridge
Is Devkund Trek safe for Solo Travelers and Female Travelers?
Yes, the trek is completely safe for solo and female travelers. We usually have around 40% of solo or women travelers with us in each batch. We pay special attention to the safety of our guests. Separate accommodation is provided to men and women for their overall comfort
Are toilets available on Devkund Waterfall Trek Route?
Toilets are not available at the Trek route. You need to attend nature’s call in the open if it is urgent. Toilets are available in the base village where you can freshen up.
What is the condition of mobile connectivity at Devkund Trek?
The mobile connectivity during the trek is poor. You will hardly get the network to make or attend calls. The network vanishes with a minute. At some point, you might get a signal which is good enough to send messages or make calls if you are lucky enough.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol during Devkund Waterfall Fort Trek?
Drinking or smoking is prohibited during the trek. Anyone found doing so will be barred from joining us for the trekking expedition and will be asked to leave the site immediately. No refund is applicable during this condition.
What type of footwear should I carry for Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The trek involves a long walk, thus you should be wearing comfortable trekking shoes. Avoid wearing slippery sandals or shoes as it might lead to accidents. Wear walking shoes that are made with advanced technology are recommended for the most comfortable trek. Also, wear trek-friendly clothes.
What is the inclusion in the Devkund Waterfall trekking package?
Travel from Mumbai & Pune by Private bus as per govt COVID guidelines
Breakfast & Tea
Lunch ( Veg Thali )
First Aid Charges
Is Devkund Waterfall Trek safe?
Yes, it is completely safe for both men and women. Whether you are a group or a solo traveler, you will find this trekking experience very safe. You will be accompanied by professional trek leaders to guide you throughout the trek.
Also, you will be provided with all safety instructions before the trekking so that you feel safe. Moreover, to maintain further safety, you are requested to bring enough things with you that would keep you safe. For instance, windcheater, personal medicines, insect repellent, and energy drinks can help you during the trek.
How long does it take to climb Devkund Waterfall?
The total Devkund trek duration is around 4 hours. The Devkund Waterall trek distance that you will cover during this duration of the trek will be around 15 km. There might be a few ups and downs during the trek; however, you will not encounter much rocky terrain or steep climbs during this trek. During most of the trek, you will just have to walk.
What is the height of Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The height of the Devkund Waterfall is around 2700 feet. The altitude is not so high and hence makes it easy for trekkers who are beginners. Moreover, as the trails of the trek are properly marked, one can easily do a trek even without a guide. Therefore, to comfortably complete the trek, make sure you wear comfortable clothes and good trekking or sport shoes.
What is the minimum age required for Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The minimum age limit for this trek is around 9 years. Any child below 9 years will not be eligible for the trek. Moreover, children between the ages of 9 -17 years should be accompanied by an adult to enjoy the experience. Therefore, to verify the age of your children, kindly carry valid ID proof with a proper date of birth mentioned on it
What should I carry for the Devkund trek?
- ID proof
- Proper face mask or shield
- Good grip shoes.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Water bottles 2-3 liters.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits, etc.
- Electoral or Glucon D powder.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Sun protection cap, goggles.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Terms and conditions
- Rs.500 Advance payment is Non Refundable.
- If you are not feeling well already then kindly do not book the tickets.
- Seats are on the basis on 1st come - 1st serve basis. While returning also you have to sit on your initial Seat.
- Please carry a valid ID proof along with you.
- Tickets once booked cannot be exchanged
- Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. Bhatakna Tours & Travels are not responsible for any injury or damage occurring due to the event.
- Participants with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.